What's new

Xenadrine...is this stuff safe? (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I've got some weight-lifter friends who use this stuff and swear by it. Personally, I'm always skeptical about weight-loss supplements. Are there any studies I should make them aware of? Does anybody here use it?

Andy Hardin

Stunt Coordinator
I've used it. I was lifting and working out but was having a hard time with the lifestyle change in eating (I work in marketing, many vendors/lunches and giving up my beer).

I was getting married (wedding didn't happen, that is a completely different sotry) and didn't want to look "doughy" in my pictures. Wedding was in Jan. and I knew the holidays would make dieting even easier.

Gave it a try and it worked great. I went from 230 down to 200 (almost my ideal weight with the muscle I am carrying, I bench over 300 lbs) in about 3 months. Suppressed my appetite down to zilch. I dunno if it burned fat (probably) but the appetite suppression was noticable.

Haven't seen any studies on it yet to judge if it safe or harmful. When you first start taking it you can really feel a buzz. Keeps you up at night for the first week. Then you get used to it. Gotta think it isn't the most healthy thing, but who knows.

Should you take it? That's a personal choice. The company line is diet and exercise, and you will have no need for this. But if you need a little boost and are a little bit lazy, it does work, but at your own risk.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Personally, I would never use it. I'm a runner and a vegetarian, so weight loss isn't a problem for me. I'm more worried about my friends. I've heard horror stories about this stuff, such as it being addictive and causing heart murmors (sp?).

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
From personal accounts--- I bought it and it worked. It is a blessing and a curse. I used it for about 3 months--lost about 25 lbs. BUT in doing so it can really mess up your body. I got massive jitters...and my heart and chest started hurting after a while.
All that Ephidryine (?) in it.
Recently I discovered something that works similar to it--but without most of the side affects. Arsenal X
I started it, as well as the people from my office and it works very well too. You might want to try it if Xenadrine is too much of an overload.
But--in the end I quit that also and plunked down the cash for 24 hr Fitness. That was really the best way to slim down and get in shape :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks