XBR400 service menu?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RANDY FISHER, Jan 28, 2002.

1. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to access the service menu on my Sony XBR400 TV. I tried the posted DISPLAY, 5, VOLUME +, POWER but either nothing happens or it just turns on? Anyone know if I have to time it a certain way, press them in a certain sequence or what. Also, I had to have it serviced a few months ago under warrenty...is there a possibility that the service guy could have locked me out of the service menu somehow? I never tried to access it before.

thanks Randy

2. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

Randy,

The code is correct. The only thing I can think of is that you have to press them very fast.

3. Kevin Mical

Kevin Mical Extra

I had the same problem. Turned out to be user error. After pressing the combination of keys you tried, press the 4 or 6 key and see if the green service menu options appear. I was waiting for something on the screen to indicate it was in the service mode (like my old Sony).

4. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Kevin...the code's are entered while the set is off right? So are you saying that you don't hear the CRT fire up when you enter the code? If so I may have been there and did not know it. Or can you enter the menu while the set is on as well?

thanks Randy

5. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

Randy,

Try changing the channel after the set powers up or changing the video input and wait a few seconds to see if the service mode pops up.

6. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Took care of this with a Pronto macro...it always gets the timing perfect! Thanks all.
    Randy[​IMG]