xbr400 and rca dtc 100 problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JoeC, Jun 19, 2002.

1. JoeC

JoeC Auditioning

I have a 36in xbr 400 sony and a rca dtc 100 direct tv hd unit that i just got. I have the oval dish and i have 2 setups that i have tried with no success:
    1- going from the vga HD out of the rca to a vga to component converter cable then to the component imputs on the xbr400 this gave me sync problems and a purple screen thats all scrambled

2- from the vga hd on the dtc 100 to a vga to rgb (5 bnc) cable to a component cable (i just hooked the red blue and green to the correct component cables) then to the tv via components..this gave me the same result.

i have also tried changing the timing setting in the menu's on the rca..any one have any ideas or have this same setup working some how?
    thanks

2. MattJaros

MattJaros Extra

My buddy bought one of those receivers and had the same exact result. He has the pioneer elite 58" television with the rgb (db15 connector) also. We tried everything as you have with the same result. I read on a piece of paper that the db15 will only work with a rca television.

3. MattJaros

MattJaros Extra

I ended up calling Pioneer and they said it was a defective receiver and they see alot of problems with this receiver.