What's new

xbr drc (1 Viewer)

Jimmy vb

Stunt Coordinator
My saga continues--I just went out and bought the Sony xbr800 36 inch tv. I don't know how I feel about the step down from a 52 inch rptv, but after alot of research and checking my viewing habits--it makes sense. I will do some tweaking and get used to the picture before doing AVIA,m but I wanted to know--Does anyone have setup tips for this set--ESPECIALLY the adjustable DRC(their line doubler). It moves from "real" to "clear" on a grid continuum--I'm not sure what these adjustments actually are but they seem to make a difference in removing artifacts--at least from my cursory work with them in the store.

I am going to give the set a chance and have a guy dropping off an iscan unit for me to demo(nice of them) to see if I want to add that to my set. I hate, hate, hate the stand(it only holds two components and you almost have to buy it) but I will work around it. My only input sources are pscan dvd, digital cable(no satellite capability) and some vhs for kids movies--my kids can watch Scooby Doo in low resolution and they don't seem to mind.

Manny_S

Stunt Coordinator
The 34XBR800 would have provided you with a larger widescreen viewing area. Link Removed for comparisons.

Jimmy vb

Stunt Coordinator
Yup--I actually returned a mitsu 55" widescreen in favor of this. I came to the conclusion that one of my main viewing pasttimes is sports--esp football. The artifacts on a 55 inch were more noticeable and the stretch modes took some getting used to. I looked at the 34 inch 16x9 but decided on the 36 to better match my current habits. The squeeze on the 36 gives a pretty good image size on that tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks