XBOX wont work on my bigscreen?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_Standley, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

I just got a bigscreen (sony kp53v80) and when I hooked up my xbox it flashes red across the screen like its having problems with the signal. I hooked up my PS2 and it works fine, same with my dvd, tivo,etc. All hooked up with s-video. I hooked up my XBOX to another tv and it worked fine. It just wont work on my bigscreen. I have tried composite as well as s-video on several connections. Any ideas.

2. RenoV

RenoV Agent

Have you tried disabling 480p and 1080i in the dashboard?

3. Jeff_Standley

where. I went throuh the dashboard and all I see is the video option to switch from normal to letterbox to widescreen.

4. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

You are hooked up through Svideo, right? If so, there will be no 480p/720p/1080i options, as that menu is enabled when component cables are attached.

When you connected the Xbox to another TV, was that also through the Svideo cable? Lastly, when you connected the PS2/etc to the KP53v80, were they on the same input and cable type as the Xbox?

-Dave

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Oh yeah, was this Xbox previously connected via component cables? Since you can see the dashboard menus (which are always 480i), maybe the display is switching to 480p when a game starts. And the only way this would have happened is by connecting component cables and flipping on the 480p.

-Dave

6. Jeff_Standley

I have had the xbox only connected with the s_video connections and yes I tried the PS2 and GC on the same connection. Im not sure but its driving me crazy.[​IMG]

7. Jeff_Standley

The HDTV pack fixed it. Im still not sure why the TV didnt like the S-video pack though.

8. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

If you ever get bored, it would be interesting to rent another 'box and hook it up via Svideo to find out if it was the Xbox or the AV pack.

-Dave