XBOX vs PS2 version of same game - usually a difference?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron H, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Jun 28, 2001

I've had my PS2 for about a year now and should have my XBOX at the beginning of next week. I also just went and bought the Blockbuster $19.99 "all-you-can-rent-in-30-days" pass to check out some new games to see what I wanna buy next.

My question is this: If I rent a PS2 version of a game (or vice versa), and like it, and later find a good deal on the XBOX version to buy, can I assume they are pretty much the same, or do I really have to go rent the other platform's version to make sure?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks, Aaron
  2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Sep 2, 1999

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Dec 7, 1998
    It really comes down to what the individual developers do with the hardware, as Romier said.
    With it's higher horsepower (700mhz), a GeForce 3.5 [​IMG], full on the chip 5.1dd processing, and all the space that a harddrive can add, it SHOULD be a no brainer that the Xbox will have superior versions.
    But, in reality, it simply comes down to the amount of "love" a developer gives the port.
    The last ported game I bought was Blood Omen II. And, other than absolutely rock solid framerates, I didn't see much, if any, difference from my neighbors PS2 version.