What's new

Xbox: Tiger Woods game cheated me! (1 Viewer)

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I am currently having a blast with this game. My golf experiences date back to the old "Leaderboard" games from the C64 days. Hell I'm usually up on the money charts with the ITS golf games as well.
This is the funnest I've ever played for golf.
Putting is tough, but is very real-to-life.
Two gripes:
1. Once you progress, it seems the CPU takes a shot, and right away you hear his heart-beat start up. "Oh, what do you know, the computer within 5 ft. again." I had to laugh when the CPU gave itself a hoe-in-one, one time.:rolleyes:
2. When I was trying to beat the red-headed Scottish guy for the third time, he cheated. Did this happen to anyone else?
a. He drove.
b. His approach bounced to just over the green.
c. His third shot, he chipped and left it about 12 ft. away.
d. He rimmed his putt, and left it a few inches away.
Now this is where the player simply putts in, and gets his ball out of the way without waiting his turn. (Sometimes they putt it in, and sometimes they shoot it in via the Chevy Case 'pool-stick' style)
e. He actually missed this one, gave a smile to the camera, and got a four for par. WTF???
I was so sick of playing this asshole, I almost threw my controller. I replayed his hole over and over to see if I was mistaken, but no, after four strokes, he still wasn't in the hole.
That was bullshit IMO.:angry:
Needless to say, somehow I started kicking his ass, and didn't even need to play the last four holes. Poor AI in my opinion.
Ah, rant over. Am I the only one who has experienced this?
I'll keep playing however. It's just too addicting.:D

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
I've seen that same bug! No biggie though, bugs happen. It did take me 3-4 tries to beat that bastard though, he's friggin' tough. I have since completed the Tiger challenge, and if you think Mulligan is tough, wait 'til you have to take on "Super Tiger". You will need to shoot in the 50's to take him down. Good luck!

Andre F

Screenwriter
I'm hoping to get this one for Xmas. Looks like a cool game. I'll keep my eyes open for this though.

EdR

Second Unit
Ah, rant over. Am I the only one who has experienced this?
I'll keep playing however. It's just too addicting.
I believe if you watch 'Mulligan's' bio, it says to watch him carefully because he's been known to cheat. I never saw him do anything unusual when I played him...so I wasn't sure what they meant...now I know.
Now that I think of it, that's probably why he's called 'Mulligan'.
I really like this game, super fun, very 'natural' feeling. I'm not sure I could go back to a golf game with power meters, and such.
My next match is with Tiger himself, I'm getting myself psyched up... ;)

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
I believe if you watch 'Mulligan's' bio, it says to watch him carefully because he's been known to cheat
Yup, exactly....its not the CPU as a whole - its the character trait....and once you get Luck up to 105....then it happens for you as well....putts drop that might not, bounces go your way, etc....A few characters beat you with skill, a few with luck and Mulligan...well....

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Son-of-a-bitch!

You're right, Dave. I forgot all about the part of Mulligan being a bit of a cheater! He missed a 2 footer to make bogie when I played him, yet his scorecard showed par.
The cheating bastard!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks