xbox syp hunter asb2003 or triple play

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Weldy, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

First of all I would advise aginst spy hunter for xbox. In two days I have finished the game 100% and unlocked all cheats pretty easy game. And as my younger brother said "if you did it two day it must be easy everybody else will probably do it in one"

Also anybody have a recomendation on a xbox baseball. From now on I think I will get reviews before I buy games. And not base it one "I like it for the orgional nes so on xbox it must be sweet"

Thanks

can you tell I am unhappy with my purchase

2. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

Well, I hate to say it, but I'd get neither baseball game for X Box. I played ASB 2003, didn't care for it at all (ONE REASON: It takes WAAAY to long to pick up a ball and throw it when you're fielding) and Triple Play BBall (on the PS2) has received bad ratings from nearly every reviewer. I'm not sure if the XBox version could be any better.

I'd wait and get World Series Baseball for XBox or get High Heat 2003, if you must have a baseball game. WSB for the DC was decent last year, and High Heat's gameplay has always been very good.

I really don't care for baseball video games myself, so take my advice with a grain of "I hate baseball" salt.

3. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

My wife and I recently picked up ASB03, and we both really enjoy it. I have never really liked sports games that much, and had low expectations for this one - until I played it. Most of the negative comments you will hear about it are from people who haven't played it enough to get used to it.

Batting, for example, can seem really hard the first few hours of play. Start out on the easy swing mode (no cursor), and get used to the pitch speeds and locations. Once you've done that for a few games, try the normal batting (with cursor). The cursor batting is very realistic, as the batter must properly place the bat before they can hit anything. Now that I've got the hang of hitting, I usually get about 12-18 hits per game, with anywhere from 1 - 12 runs. This makes the games closer to real baseball, unlike other games where you can hit every pitch that is thrown near the strike zone.

I would recommend ASBaseball 2003, but I have not played Triple Play. Based on window shopping alone, ASB seems to be more realistic with more features.

4. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    I have been out of the gaming thing for a while(about 6-7 years) but am getting back into it now that I'm out of college and have more time and money on my hands. Anyway, I am a huge baseball guy myself and have not seen anything I liked better than the original bases loaded on the original NES up to this point. Now I have not seen much of the new stuff but all the baseball games I have played on the SNES I didn't like as much. I am also planning to get a PS2 or Xbox and can't decide. I like RPG's(FF's), Adventure, and some sports(SSX, I played on my brothers PS2). Not really into fighting games anymore(streetfighter2, mortal combat, etc... Racing games are good if they aren't too hard to control the cars and have lot's of options. I also just played Twisted Metal Black for the first time last week and loved it.

edit: sorry for going so far of course. Anyway, I just wanted to say I loved the original bases loaded.