XBOX Steering Wheels

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Brian L, Jul 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Did a search, and the newest thread that mentions steering wheels is almost 1 year old...

I am very new to gaming, and my only interest is racing games, so, I need a good wheel.

So, any good choices out there? The XBOX home site lists some nice looking Thrustmasters, but they seem to be Euro only. A few Chinese companies, but not enough info.

I do have a Pelican wheel, but it has a huge deadspot before anything starts to happen (no way to adjust that, is there?).

That leave the MadCatz, which I would try if it is expected to be better than than the Pelican.

And whats with these crap toy pedals. I would love to be able to get a wheel that has the throttle and brake on the wheel. I again see one listed from a Chinese company, but it does not appear to be available here.

Anyone care to throw me a bone?

BGL

2. Marc Bax

Marc Bax Second Unit

Well you're in luck but you must bide your time. There are plans to release a high quality steering wheel to coincide with the release of Forza Motorsport, Microsoft's answer to Gran Turismo. It is still up in the air if the wheel will support true force feedback, my bet is yes, Microsoft won't say yet. Either way it'll almost surely be the best wheel available for the Xbox. Forza Motorsport is slated for a late fall, winter release, but definitely before Christmas, and it's Live enabled. I personally can't wait.

3. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

I've heard that all racers on Xbox are now mandated to have Live functionality. What exactly that means (ie. true head-to-head racing or just Live aware) I'm not sure but certainly a plus for Xbox racing fans. [​IMG]

4. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Thanks guys.

Looks like I either slug it out until fall with the POS Pelican, or go back to the standard XBOX controller.

Some friends were going on and on about the Logitech wheel, but when I looked into one, I found that it did not do XBOX. Kind of surprised that they would not have a version for XBOX, but thems the breaks. I guess Bill G. must have really pissed off someone at Logitech[​IMG]

BGL