Xbox- Sega Soccer Slam $3.30

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by RudyN, Jul 30, 2003.

1. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    Not sure if it's at all Target stores, but the Target I work at has the Xbox versions of Sega Soccer Slam for $3.30. I picked up a copy today while getting Mario Golf.

2. Troy*H

Troy*H Stunt Coordinator

Ahhh!!! I have been looking at all my local targets for the 6.99 deal. You are really lucky...I am gonna have to start looking again.

But I did pick up gunvalkrie for $3.75. You should get that also if you can. Did you have other copies beside the soccer slam you picked up?

Troy

3. Troy*H

Troy*H Stunt Coordinator

umm also by the way..you may want to buy your target out of those...you could sell them back to say gamestop and make some money for a game that isn't cheap. They are selling soccer slam for 39.99 or 49.99. You would get at least 10 bucks a copy..I think that is what I am going to do with gunvalkyrie (next week soccer slam and gunvalkrie are the two top selling xbox games [​IMG]

Troy

4. RudyN

RudyN Supporting Actor

Rudy Nunez
    There were about 15-20 copies of Soccer Slam on the shelf. Didn't see any other games that low. I check the game section every day I work. Sometimes twice [​IMG]

5. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

After reading this thread, I went and got Soocer Slam for $3.30 AND Star Wars Starfighter for $4.38! Since you guys hooked me up with this thread, I thought that I'd share the love [​IMG]

Matt

PS- Scanned every other title on their discount endcap and only those 3 came up that cheap.... this week, anyway (I used to work there,too. Good company, honestly, and will be much better when they clear out the people that are still left over from when they were small. Think "resistant to change" and you'll know what I'm talking about...)

6. Troy*H

Troy*H Stunt Coordinator

Man, I went to every Target(called the ones far away) and again every one is out of stock. I am not going to pay 40 bucks for a game I know I can get under 5. Is that Star Wars game any good?

If you are into Star Wars you did buy Kights of the Old Republic right? If not get it asap. Best game I have played since Halo! Although gunvalkrie was not bad for under 5 bucks [​IMG]

Troy

7. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Sigh, I wish one of the Targets around here had Soccer Slam in stock at that price.

8. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

I just realized something about the situation in Madison regarding Target. There is a Gamestop within 100 yards of one of them, and a used Videogame store within 500 yards of the other.

No wonder I'm having a hard time finding these deals now... Grrrr...

Glen

9. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

EXACTLY, Glenn. I think the associates snatch them up and head on over to get credit for what they want at GameStop,etc. Case in point - when I worked there earlier this year, they pulled out some Phillips Progressive Scan DVD players and after a week they were at $44! I snagged one really quick. The way they store their electronics/media truly is difficult for them to see everything that they have back there, so all the better for us as consumers now, though [​IMG]

Troy - the Starfighter game is pretty fun. I would have paid 20 bucks for it and not been too disappointed. The graphics are pretty good and if you like the dogfight aspects of the N64 versions of it and Rogue Squadron, you'll get into it. Honestly, it reminds me ALOT of some parts of Rogue Leader 2 for my Gamecube, but it's still fun. For the money (less than a rental at some places), I can't complain!

Matt