Xbox repairs

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Eric_L, May 31, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

Sorry if this has been covered, I did a search on 'xbox repair' and came up empty.

Has anyone ever tried to repair a faulty Xbox on their own? I have a 2 year old XBOX which powers off at random intervals. Also the power button does not seem to work. I have already bought a new one, but before I junk the old one I thought I may try fixing it.

Any suggestions before I open the box?

2. Dave_vega

Dave_vega Stunt Coordinator

you may want to check out www.llama.com ..they have some tricks/tweaks and replacement parts..worth a look before you jump into the box..also www.xbox-scene.com have tutorials for opening the xbox and stuff

3. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

well, I posted the q on Llama, but so far no response. Someone else had posted before with the same question - good to know I am not alone in my prob.

4. Jim Sit

Jim Sit Extra

I'd suggest that rather than junking it, sell it on ebay stating the problem and selling it as-is. You may be shocked to find that someone will still buy it for as much as $30 or more plus shipping. That will definitely get you a new game at least.

Do an ebay search for "broken xbox" and check it out.

5. Dave_vega

Dave_vega Stunt Coordinator

you can get a 75$ credit (canadian funds) at ebgames for a broken xbox..it's probably around 50$ USD..good for a game or whatever..better then throwing it out..