What's new

XBox Rainbow SIx 3 Cheaters (1 Viewer)

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
So what the heck is up with this?

I hope the fine folks that made this game are doing something about this.

In the past few days, I've encountered people who are VERY hard to kill. (As in blasting them with almost a full clip from an M60. That's 100 rounds!) I've found people tossing molotov cocktails which can't be selected as a weapon without a hack.

I don't understand people who need to cheat at online games. I could care less if folks use cheat-codes and hacks on their own, but cheating in online games (probably with the goal of raising stats) is just crappy.

Sorry. Had to vent. I'm not very good at this game, but a love playing it. It cheeses me off to see people doing this.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Does the cheating affect their health level? I was under the impression that only the moltov's were the cheat effect.
I have a Action Replay which I hear is the source of the cheat. I thought this device was mainly for having access to game saves from others in case you got stuck in a game. If I thought it was going to be disruptive to online play I would not have supported this product.:angry:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I want an action replay because I want to be able to load rosters in games that do not support Live i.e. MVP Baseball. But in no way should this product allow its results online during multiplayer. I guess bottom line is use your friend lists. But I hop Microsoft does something about this.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator

I mainly look for a group of people who like to play online & have fun. SO many times I enter a room and you can tell it's a bunch of kids and there is so much swearing I cannot even believe it. I'll have to check you guys out.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I usually play with a bunch of guys from the HTF. It's nice to spend a few hours in their company. But I know what you mean about the Public rooms. I cannot believe how many little kids are playing Rainbow 6. Did their parents even notice what they were buying.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I'll have to check out your site George. Thanks! (EDIT: Just signed up over there... CanadianKnight of course)

Dave, I've only got one person from HTF on my friends list, and he and I don't seem to be on at the same time very much. Can I add you to my list? :)

Dean, I haven't gone looking for details on the cheat(s). All I know is I've seen quite a few molotovs, and I've unloaded many rounds at what I *thought* was a head-shot to no avail. I heard something about a lean-while-walking hack or something?

I also heard a couple of guys bitching about "Action Replay", but honestly I have no idea what it is! Obviously a product of some sort from Dean's description.

Got slightly frustrated last night as a couple of punk kids actually had the gall to boot me from their server as I wasn't as good as they were. :rolleyes:Meantime, I'm playing honestly, and they are allowing guys to run around with molotovs. *sigh*

Sometimes I hate online games. But only sometimes. ;)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Yeah feel free to add me to your list I'll approve you when I get the add request. If you look in the Online Scheduling section I left a message about starting a dedicated server once I get my Cable connection this weekend. So Hopefully I can host some games both dedicated and non dedicated. It most likely be a closed HTF server only under the name of

Scarpad's HTF Lounge

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
The Action replay is basically a memory card that works in tandem with a small device that connects to a PC via USB. It's supposed to be used for downloading level saves and opening locked items in a game for those of us that may be having difficulty attaining them in harder levels.
I did not realize you could actually make things occur in online play that were not really part of the game.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
Do you guys ever play HALO online?
I encounter guys that seem able
to kill with "one shot" using weapons that
should not, under the circumstances, do this.
And then as you say, are almost impossible to kill.

George Monroy

Stunt Coordinator
I just upgraded my DSL speed so I will be hosting starting tonight or tomorrow night.

Look for my postings at gamersrepublic.net under the Joker username.

Thanks for joining us Tony.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I assume these cheats spoken of are for the PC version? We aren't talking Xbox here are we? If so, I didn't think it was possible to hack the game and still work with Live.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Oh great. I bought this game because I heard it was an awesome game and great to play on Live. Now I'm reading that there are cheaters on there? UGh. Great. Now I look forward to an even steeper learning curve.

The thing I hate worst than cheaters, are the snooby online nerds. Those that boot people cause you're not good enough like what happened to Tony, or punk kids that use the term Noobs and whatnot.

Anyways, I'm gonna check out that Gamers Republic site when I get a chance.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

It's not the game's fault. It's the people who are playing them that are the problem.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Wow..and I was gearing up on getting this game. I was deterred from getting RTCW due to the cheats. I hope things get better....

JayV

Supporting Actor
What the other folks said -- getting a good group of people into your XBL Friends List is key to a good online experience. Sites like gamersrepublic are a great place to start.

-j

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks