What's new

Xbox questions (1 Viewer)

PaulRails

Auditioning
After reading a few posts, I've got some major questions about the xbox I hope you gurus can answer. First of all, has anyone had problems with choppy video playback on the xbox with certain game sequences (for me, it was Lord of the Rings, Two Towers...constant choppy FMV)?

Now, the other question: what would be an optimal cooling configuration for game system that have limited space? I have all my gaming systems on a bookshelf next to my TV, and it's a bit limited space-wise, so I have to keep them somewhat enclosed, but I at least poked holes in the back of the shelf, so maybe a little air can get out. But is there a better way? Tiny fans perhaps or does heat really only affect them after many hours of gameplay?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I haven't really had a problem with my Xbox overheating, and haven't noticed the video getting choppy, and I've had my box since launch.

I'd think that as long as you're not blocking any of the air intakes you should be fine for overheating though (unless your house is inordinately hot and humid). You should have a couple inches of clearance around the systems just to make sure that it can actually get air circulation though.

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
My first Xbox did show a studder when displaying FMV all of the time, and then I started getting the dirty disc errors so I took it in for a replacement. Now everything is silky smooth. If you have an extended warranty, use it and get a new box.

Dean

PaulRails

Auditioning
I have, that's part of the problem. I'm on my second xbox in 5 or 6 months (since I bought it), and I'm in the process of getting a 3rd one (from extended warranties, f-in best buy's hoops you have to jump through now....)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks