What's new

XBOX - Prisoner of War -- anybody else waste $50 on this?? (1 Viewer)

John B.

Stunt Coordinator
I really was excited about this game from what I'd read about it. Normally I rent them, but this time I didn't want to wait for Blockbuster to get this one in (since it's not a mass-appeal type game i didn't know how that'd be), so i bought it at best buy. Boy was I suprised. At how dull the game is, how backwards the controls are, and well that's about it.

I haven't fully given up, but a word of advice -- rent it 1st.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Fortunately, the Blockbuster close to me gets new releases (both big and small) on a relatively quick basis. I rented POW last weekend.

The voice acting is atrocious, and either I suck, or it's pretty hard. Anywho, with Buffy and DTR now here, I don't see myself going back to it anytime soon.

Although I may need to go off on a DTR rant pretty soon. The prison level is VERY annoying.

AaronJB

Second Unit
The oddest thing I've noticed on POW is when the character climbs over a wall, he stands there, completely visible, for what seems like a minute before you can regain control and climb him down. In the meanwhile, the guards have likely caught on.

A respectable idea for a game, but not at all compelling, boring and only decent graphically.

Joe michaels

Second Unit
This game is so flawed technically it is almost unplayable YET it has so many nice little touches. I can't help but think they were rushed by a deadline or something and just put the game out flawed. What a shame. I haven't played a game this technically flawed since The Mummy for the Psone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks