Xbox price drop for holidays

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by John Kilroy, Nov 11, 2003.

Tags:
  1. John Kilroy

John Kilroy Stunt Coordinator

I am in Sweden right now, and I am hearing that MS dropped the price of the Clone Wars bundle in Japan to the equivalent of USD 159. Any confirmation on that side of the pond re: Japan or US price drop?

2. NickC

NickC Second Unit

Nothing Yet, unless Sony plans to drop their price, I doubt Microsoft will drop the price of the box.

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I read some article on the AP wire about the price cut of the Xbox in Japan, but no mention in that article at all about dropping the price over here in North America.. I don't recall the link anymore since it was yesterday though.

Jay

4. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Nintendo is currently selling through about 75-80k more systems than MS is monthly since their drop to $99. This is highly likely to continue through the holidays, especially since Nintendo is offerring a Zelda Classics pack on for free.

I would be surprised if Microsoft doesn't drop shortly after Christmas.

5. Marshall W. Carter

Marshall W. Carter Stunt Coordinator

Microsoft could use the price drop in Japan, though sometimes it seems like they can't GIVE them away there... Maybe the new Ninja Gaiden will change that.

As for a drop stateside, I doubt you'll see it, unless of course Sony leads the way. They're bundling two games on as it is. On the other hand, if they're going to drop it shortly after Christmas, as has been speculated, they might as well try to get in on this holiday season and drop it earlier, unless of course they've conceded this as "Nintendo's Christmas," which it would seem to be (I'm giving three of those Zelda bundles as gifts myself...maybe four...).

6. John Kilroy

John Kilroy Stunt Coordinator

I was just in Amsterdam, and they have a great deal going. Xbox, Halo, Midtown Madness, and 3 months of Live for 199 euro. MS would have great Christmas sales if they did that in the US, but they probably feel they donĀ“t have to.