What's new

Xbox Opitic cable (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Hi all..

I have the monster 300 cables. I see that there is a connection for a optic cable, which cable is this?

Thanks
R~

Rob_V

Agent
The optical cable is the only one that doesn't have an RCA connector.

You won't have an optical output if all you have is the standard AV pack though. I know there is one on the HD pack, there might be one on the S-Video pack too, but I'm not sure.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
There's on in the advanced (S-Video) pack. Don't bother with Monster, just buy a $7 pelican cable, works great. Bits are bits

James St

Supporting Actor
If you're using the Monster brand Xbox S-video cable then I think you will HAVE to buy the Monster Xbox optical cable. Doesn't Monster have a proprietary connector for the digital out?

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
If you're using the Monster brand Xbox S-video cable then I think you will HAVE to buy the Monster Xbox optical cable. Doesn't Monster have a proprietary connector for the digital out?
Yes, you'll have to get the Monster Optical if you have the Monster XBox cables.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
When I first got my Xbox, as I've psted over a year ago. I bought the monster S-video cables with the Monster optic cable. It was a piece of shit and got me fustrated because it never worked. never even let the Xbox open the correct DD menus. After some help from the HTF, I bought the Microsoft S-vieo cable and a GE optical cable. All and all it was like 25% of the cost and actually worked!

I say, screw the Monster crap. Go with what's cheap. When your talking about transfering an encoded source of light, who gives a shit.

Down with Monster, and up with quality stuff.:)

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I say, screw the Monster crap. Go with what's cheap.
The debate goes on, but I'm completely happy with my Monster stuff. If anything has gone wrong (generally my fault) they always replace everything free of charge. One or two cables won't make a difference, but I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the Monster products I own.

James St

Supporting Actor
but DO NEED the connector. I bought a set of the 400's and begged Monster's home office for the connecter.
I thought thats how it worked but I didn't think you could get Monster to send it to you. What excuse did you use in the begging process if you don't mind me asking?:b

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
James St

Thanks for the info, I didn't even think to check the monster cable website.......doh...

Thanks to all of you again for all the info and input.......

R~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks