What's new

Xbox Online (1 Viewer)

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Broadband is always the only way. :)
I probably wouldn't pick up NFL Fever otherwise - I do like sports but not really into sports games, but if I can talk trash and play online, I'll probably buy it.

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
For those questioning the Voice Chat technology...it works great in its current form (Link Removed).
I have been using Microsoft Gamevoice for a year or so when playing counter-strike online. The sound quality is great, it doesnt take alot of bandwidth, and it adds SO MUCH to the game that I cant play without it. Text chat is so limited (especially on xbox with no keyboard!). Voice chat allows effective planning and strategy, it is great with team-based games.
Voice communication is here now, works great, and once you use it will wonder how you ever lived without it.
Jeff Peake

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
As far as in game typing with CS< I'm pretty good with it, but many of my friends aren't - it's kind of annoying since it puts your side at a disadvantage if others use gamevoice.

On the Xbox, at least the playing field will be level.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
I met a lot of really cool people playing NFL 2K1 on the Dreamcast, I have no fears about talking to someone voice to voice, people that do must have girly voices. Mine is so manly and seductive, I cant wait to unleash it.

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
Well, if you've got broadband and wanna get on the beta test program here's the link to sign up. I'm assuming you'll need broadband to get in the program, but it's not stated outright that this is a pre-req.
T

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
I just signed up. Anyone know how many beta testers are getting chosen and when it is going to start??

Jeff Peake

James St

Supporting Actor
I just signed up as well. They have only stated that beta testing for gamers will begin sometime this summer.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
$10 a month (U.S. funds)...

How can anyone gripe about that?

That's a movie in the theater a month (with popcorn)

It's 3 DVD rentals (with no late charges)

It's not even 24 (good) store bought beer.

It's less than a steak dinner.

and... all of the above won't give you the satisfaction over a whole month... (well, maybe the beer would give you a good headstart)

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Hey I too signed up. While it doesn't specifically state that you need broadband, obviously that's a requirement as you can't play online without it. I attempted to answer in a method where they would select me to test out NFL Fever 2002, I said it was my favorite game ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks