What's new

XBOX online play question (1 Viewer)

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Here's a question regarding Halo online play via Gamespy or one of the current online options.

I understand that you have to have your XBOX on a network so you can connect using your PC, then switch to connection to your XBOX (something like that anyhow) or at least have your PC and XBOX close enough to swap the connection manually.

My question is whether or not you can play online with 2 consoles on the same network. A friend of mine is about to get Halo (I already have it) and I wondered if we could connect two consoles to the same network and play online that way?

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
First: You don't "swap" connections. The PC must be connected with gamespy running while you're also connected with the Xbox (if you're playing over the Internet).

If you just want to do system link with one other Xbox, then the PC is not necessary. If, however, you want to have two Xboxes running through Gamespy... beats me. Don't know if it works or not.

WillY

Stunt Coordinator
I have my XBox networked with a neighbor, and I don't think both boxes are found when we play with xbconnect and gamespy. We haven't really tried very hard, except to have both boxes on looking for a game, with one finding games over xbconnect. Maybe there is a way to rig it, but I think bandwidth would become a concern at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks