Xbox NFL2K3 highlights of the week?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_Kiang, Sep 6, 2002.

1. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

My brother is playing in franchise mode. He's heard references to it in-game and he thinks he saw something about it in a review but cannot find it in the game itself. Is this feature there? How do you access it?

2. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

In the PS2 version, after you complete your game for the week, you go to the Calendar, hit the start button; it'll simulate the rest of the week (it'll ask you to verify it first). Hit start a second time and it'll go to the "weekly wrapup." At the end of it, it does the highlight of the week, then the defensive and offensive players of the week. I imagine the X-box version is similar.

Oddly, the play of the week was never from the game I played. And it was often quite lame, like what looked like about a 25 yard FG or something.

I had a play in one game where I picked off a pass, ran it back about 50 yds to within the 10 yard line, was tackled and fumbled the ball which was picked up and run all the way back the other way for a touchdown by the other team. That's the kind of play you'd see for days and days on every highlight package, but alas it didn't make the Sega highlight of the week.

3. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

Mitty, I doubt if the game has the ability to save exact copies of any play without a memory card, so the plays of the week are basically just five or six different templates which they plug different players or teams into. Pretty lame, but at least they're trying.