XBOX - NFL Fever or Madden 2002

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jake Gove, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Jake Gove

Jake Gove Second Unit

Opinions? I'm planning on buying one or the other, not sure which is better.

2. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

hey,

I think you should get Madden. Im planning on getting Madden for xbox just because the PS2 version got such high scores (in EGM etc). I have to assume that the xbox version is as good..and even though i have PS2 and Xbox, I will get madden for xbox, just so I have more than 1 xbox game. hehehe (i have alot of PS2 games)

FYI NFL Fever 2002 for Xbox got the following Scores from the January 2002 issue of EGM: 5.5, 6.5, 6.0 and the PS2 version of Madden 2002 got: 9.5, 9.5, 9.0

3. ruhrie

ruhrie Agent

Jake,

If you have played Madden at all recently like 2001, 2002 is very close to that one. The gameplay relative has not changed that much. It is a great game. However, NFL Fever has more of an arcadish feel to it. My suggestion is to rent Fever and then decide from there. Because I have the same dilemma ahead of me.

Rich

4. Steven Sz

Steven Sz Auditioning

I bought Madden based on the reviews which were slightly higher than Fever. The other day I played Fever at Best Buy for a little bit and found that I liked Madden better. It seems a little bit more responsive, although if you don't like Madden's commentary, that opionion won't change.

5. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

There were a few threads in the software section that discussed this very thing a few weeks ago. I've rented both, and so far I think I would take Fever just because it looked so much better (really, it's amazing how good that game looks), and because it's got a lot of "pick-up-and-play" value. But I'm waiting for Sega's NFL 2K2 to make my final decision.

BTW, the "Madden=simulation, Fever=arcade" analogy isn't too far off IMO. Not that players are superheroes in Fever or anything, but it's definitely flashier and a little quicker than Madden. I think Madden is more realistic. Depends on what you're looking for, really.

6. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Both are great, but you really owe it to yourself to rent both before you make a purchasing decision. Personally, I chose Fever, but I would be happy with either.

-Dave