What's new

XBOX NCAA Football 2003-only 2 controller setups? (1 Viewer)

Bob East

Agent
I brought home NCAA Football 2003 for the Xbox today. I loved last years game. I was hoping I would have the same reaction today. I'm not there yet but I'll be giving it some time. Under controller setup 2 settings are listed. One is Default and the other is Alternate. Does anyone know if the alternate settings can be changed(mapped)? If not, I will not be satisfied with the control setup and will have to see if the PS2 version has more options. In both the Default and Alternate settings, the sprint settings are different for rushing(A button) and receiving/defense(B button). This I believe is how Madden 2002 was set up by default last year. However there was another control setting which kept sprint the same regardless of what you were doing at the time. That is my strong preference. By the way, I used the Controller S and was happy with it. Two other comments on the game. It seems speedier this year-playing defense at times feels too bang bang if you know what I mean-I would have liked to see a slider for game speed. Finally if you have the option to play the game in widescreen, definitely do it. When first playing the game in 4:3 mode the players from the shoulder pads on up seemed somewhat flattened. They appeared appreciably better on widescreen mode. Happy Gaming.

Damien

Supporting Actor
the control is taking me a little while to get used to, but i'll get it. if you look at replays i think the game speed is realistic like a real game

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks