What's new

Xbox Memory Manager Question regarding available space (1 Viewer)

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Hello,
The Xbox Memory Manager tells me that I have 50,000+ total blocks of memory and 50,000+ blocks availble. Now, my total used blocks is around 4000(3500 of that is ripped music). What my question is though, is how many blocks is the "+"? I would have assumed that it should have dropped some by now. Available should equal 46,000.
Well, what is everyone else's saying after they've ripped music and saved some games? Has you 50,000 available number dropped?
Thanks.
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

Michael Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Mine has not changed either. I guess we have super big drives. :)
------------------
Michael
Video Game Tracker
DVD Tracker
DVD Profiler
CD Tracker

Ron Gilbert

Stunt Coordinator
Andy, I've got the same question. Utimately, I know its no big deal, but I'm just curious about how our 8 gigs are partitioned. I know that the space reserved as "cache" for games to stream data off of is on some sort of rotating partition, which should, and does, allow games to load faster each time you play after the first time. But I also know that if a game goes unplayed for a long, long time, that data is automatically erased. Presumebly (sp), the space reserved to save games is separate from the data cache space, or at least I hope it is, but as you've said, the games and soundtracks I've saved/ripped to the harddrive have not made a dent in the 50,000+ blocks yet. Anyone have a clue?

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
yeah its very strange a friend has one and with two save games from halo and one from DOA3 it still said he had the max number of blocks available on the hard drive. (not like he's complaining)
wink.gif

------------------
"As long as you are out there, I can never be number one...."
My DVD List

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Yea, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all. I just think it's kinda strange that with 4000 blocks used up so far it hasn't made a dent in the 50,000 yet.
That "+" must be a very large plus
biggrin.gif
I'm guessing.
Oh well, whatever. I don't see myself running out of save space anytime soon :)
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

James St

Supporting Actor
I am so glad Microsoft put a HD in the X-Box. It has made saving games so easy. I bet that "+" holds more then a $35 memory card. The way some reviews read I thought song rips would take up far more room than they actually do. I ripped one song and takes up less space than two Halo saves.

I dont have my system yet but if this helps answer your question.
3-D Defense System
Protects users' data, increases reliability and eases handling
8.9 msec seek, 330 Mb/sec internal transfer rate
Superior performance for volume PC systems
20 GB/platter
Delivers up to 40 GB of storage in a value-priced 2-platter design
SeaShell
Transparent clamshell drive container replaces ESD bag for shipping and protects drive against 1000 Gs of non-operating shock. Also valuable for barcode scanning and reading label without removing.
Soft SeaShield
Protects board against accidental handling damage and dissipates ESD. Label on SeaShield contains instalation instructions that always stay with the drive.
2.9 bels idle, 3.1 bels seek acoustics
Super-quiet drive is almost inaudible. Difference between idle and seek can hardly be detected by human ear, making drive operation almost silent to the end user.
G-Force Protection
A combination of electromechanica enhancements that protect the drive from operating and nonoperating shock.
Sound Barrier Technology
A variety of electromechanical improvements designed into the drive for quiet operation. Includes the ability to choose between performance and acoustic application profiles.
350 Gs nonoperating shock
Protects drive through shock events incurred during handling and integration. Increases the reliability of U Series drives.
5400 RPM spin speed
Provides the performance needed for today's office and personal productivity applications.
SeaTools diagnostic software
Free download from www.seagate.com/support helps users quickly diagnose system issues.
DiscWizard installation software
Quickly and painlessly installs a new Seagate drive. Updates BIOS settings, moves files and deals with OS issues. Named "Best Installation Software" by PC World in 1997-98-99.
Enhanced DST
Standards-based diagnostic test built into the firmware. Increases the accuracy of a two-mimute diagnostics test to 95%.
Ultra ATA 100 interface
Full compatibility testing with all major motherboard suppliers and component sets. Deploy with confidence in new ATA 100 systems. Software for toggling drive to 66 and 33 modes available on www.seagate.com.
Distinctions
Best combination of performance, acoustics, robustness and value
3D Defense System to protect users' data
"Sound barrier technology" (SBT) for industry's quietest acoustics
5400 RPM for excellent performance
Unique SeaShield cover for easier handling
DiscWizard for easy installation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks