What's new

XBox Marketing Slowly Starts Up (1 Viewer)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I was in my local EB today, and low and behold they had a section of the wall filled with XBox game and accessory boxes (as well as the system boxes which they've had for awhile). I don't know what it was, but something just felt different picking up an Amaray keepcase, looking at the coverart and then flipping it around to read the description and check out the screenshots. It just felt more real than looking at a computer screen with an image or movie on it.
There seemed to be a lot of games there too. Halo, Oddworld, Madden 2002, Project Gotham, NHL 2002, NFL Fever, Azurik, Shrek, DOA3, Mad Dash, Raw is War, Tony Hawk, Dark Summit, Amped, Nascar Heat, Obi-Wan, StarFighter and more. There may not be any guaranteed system sellers (of course we just don't know yet) but there will certainly be a lot to pick from even early on.
One thing I found out (and this is probably common knowledge) is that Tony Hawk will be up to 8 players networked. I can't imagine what this would be like (not that I'd ever get to try it). That would be crazy.
Anyone else checked these out?
------------------
[Edited last by Graeme Clark on August 31, 2001 at 01:47 AM]

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Yeah I saw the same type of deal setup at the local EB here too. They even had a TV running clips of all the games for Xbox too. Sure makes the waiting more difficult when you can see the boxes and stuff :)
Dean

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Graeme,
What EB were you in?
Patrick
------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
My DVD Collection

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Might see some Xbox commercials today on NBC. The Vans Extreme Skateboarding thing that's on today is sponsored by Xbox. Its on here at 12:30 Mountain Time.
Dean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks