Xbox Magazine With Demo Disc?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ike, Dec 24, 2001.

1. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

I am looking for a magazine that comes with a demo disc for the Xbox, but the official one doesn't. Am I outta luck?

Also, are there any good one's for the PS2? I've seen one that comes with it, but every week I look at the disc, and it's got two or three playable demos of games that don't interest me, and tons of movies. I like the Winter Jampack, but guessing from it's name, Jampack only comes out four times a year.

2. MaxY

MaxY Guest

My Copy of the Official Xbox mag came with a Disc. Maybe it is avalable both ways.

MAx

3. JohnD_R_Rocha

From what i understand from the 2nd issue of Official XBox mag, the 3rd issue and ALL subsequent issues will include fully playable DEMOS.
    IMAGINE Mags Inc. are always excellent when it comes to including CDs/DVDs with files, utilities, movies, and demos.
    Ive been a subscriber to PCGamer for 7yrs now and plan to get sub to XBox mag soon as I buy my system . . . that is if it isn't already under my XMas tree. [​IMG]

4. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Yep, the Official Xbox Magazine comes with a DVD every month, and is between $25 & $30 a year for the subscription. It has preview trailers & playable demos. They also include a DVD cover in the magazine for insertion into a DVD case (yay!). You can even get the green cases if you want at www.inetdvd.com .
    They have said that they will include things such as songs & add-on levels & skins for games in future discs. (yay!)
    -Dan B

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

OOooohh, thanks for that link, Dan! That'll come in handy =)

-Dave

6. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

OK, I just got the February '02 OXBM & disc, and it does not include the DVD cover. [​IMG] I bought the previous issue at the bookstore so maybe it is exclusive to that version. That would be stupid, but it's a possiblility. Here's a rundown of the contents of the disc:
    Demos:
    -Air Force Delta Storm
    -Azurik: Rise of Perathia
    -Mad Dash Racing
    -Nascar Thunder
    -NFL Fever 2002
    -NHL Hitz 2002
    Movies:
    -Batman Vengeance
    -Brute Force
    -Jet Set Radio Future
    -Star Wars Obi-Wan