1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

XBox Magazine - Includes Amaray Box Label

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob McElfresh, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

I'm going through my stack of magazines and come across my 2 copies of XBox - Official Xbox Magazine. I pull out the cardboard insert and remove the demo DVD. I'm about to throw away the cardboard insert .... and notice that it looks a little funny. There is a large section printed sideways..
    [​IMG]
    It's a cut-out cover for a Amaray/DVD case! This is just too cool. Instead of loosing the demo dvd in my stack of other game cd's, I can put the disk in a DVD case. Cut out and insert the cover - and it looks professional!
    But wait... wouldnt it be cool if I could get some XBox-Green cases? There was a link.... ahhh http://www.inetdvd.com/store They have Amaray cases in "Grinch Green". Close enough.
    (Ok, this IS a little silly to get excited over. But including a case-cover with the demo disk - that's thoughtful. Sometimes these little details matter.) [​IMG]

2. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

I agree, it's a nice touch. Also, if you wind up with a bum disc, they're good at replacing it. I e-mailed them and received a replacement in approx 3 weeks.

Personally, I hate the green cases. Anything but green, well,maybe not yellow either, but lime green's prettty bad.

3. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

That's pretty neat. X-Box Magazine here actually has theme in green Amaray cases.

Dan

4. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Yep, the newstand version comes with the covers, but the subscribers don't get it...though some people claim to get it. You can now download the covers in .pdf format form the website, too:
    http://www.officialxboxmagazine.com/index.htm
    I printed out all of them except the January issue which I got at the newstand & they look just as good if you use a quality paper. I also use cases from INET, but the black ones...I figure I can always re-use them unlike the green ones.
    -Dan