Xbox Live won't connect to EA sports games but will with others.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Josh Simpson, Jun 18, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

I played on my X-box(original) on xbox Live for the first time in a while. I put in Halo 2 and it connects fine. On Tiger Woods 2006 however, i punch in my passcode and it says "gamertags cannot be found." On NCAA Football 2006 I punch in the code and it just "signs in" forever but doesn't tell me the code is incorrect. The discs are in good shape and when I go to the Live Main Menu, the diagnostics test says everything is fine. Is this an EA Sports issue since Halo 2 runs fine with no problems? Thanks for your help. I will also email Microsoft and see if I can get some help but I thought I'd ask here as well.

2. JeffLab

JeffLab Stunt Coordinator

I can't be sure, because I have no EA games, but its possible that EA has pulled their online support on xbox live. Technically, its not Microsoft's LIVE service that gives online support to EA games, but EA's own online service. They have no obligation to support it any longer than they see fit, and was stated as such when it first came out. I'll try and rent an EA game this week and check.

3. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

Thanks for the help, Jeff. Tiger Woods worked 3 or 4 weeks ago, but like you said, they might've pulled their online play. I will try again soon and see what happens.