What's new

Xbox Live: What's Next? (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
OK...MotoGP isn't my cup of tea (though it's cool) and the simple but effective MechAssault glow will wear off soon and I don't think I'll ever even try Wacked...so, what's next?

I have only a moderate interest in Ghost Recon and Unreal Tournament isn't going to happen as I utterly dispise the trainwreck that is UT2003.

What's next? What games are coming soon that will, in your opinion, be known for their Live play more so than their solo play?

I'm patiently waiting for Crimson Skies (which had better be Live-enabled) but beyond that I'm not sure.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (thats one I'm looking forward too)
Capcome Vs SNK 2 EO
Counterstrike
Return to Castle Wolfenstien
Soldier of Fortune 2
True Fantasy Live Online
Halo 2 (A bit far off)
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II
Star Wars Galaxies (Again a bit far off)
Steel Battalion Online
You can find more games listed here:
Xbox Live games
I have only a moderate interest in Ghost Recon
You really need to get on Live with us Camp. Your interest in the game will peak once you start sniping in a good stealth team deathmatch along with us. We all have a blast talking games and more and playing our little hearts out!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
My most anticpated Live game is Capcom vs SNK: EO! Which should be out early December.

Midtown Madness 3! I spent so much time with my buddies playing Midtown 1 and 2 just seeing who could have the most awesome jumps into buildings. Its such an awesome series and with DICE behind it, I have faith this will be a blast.

Then there is:

Marvel vs Capcom 2 - sure its on the DC and you probably own it, but online will be sweet.

Phantasy Star Online I & II

Project Gotham Racing 2

Shining Lore

Steel Batallion Online

MotoGP 2

Top Spin

millercv

Second Unit
I hope they make Crimson Skies XBL enabled.

Also we need some more mellow games while they are at it - maybe another flavor of Tetris (not Tetris Worlds though - sheesh how could they mess up Tetris like that) or even a simple cheap board game/card game set (Hoyle perhaps).

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I can't wait for any good 3D fighting game to be released XBL (or PS2 for that matter but XBL would be nice with the voice). Ultimate Fighting Championship Online would be nice.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I'm waiting for Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Phantasy Star Online. I had a blast with the HTF gang playing PSO on the DC, and imagine it should be great on XBL.
We all have a blast talking games and more and playing our little hearts out!
I second that. Even though I've only played with the HTF crew once, it's a blast, and I like the game better than SOCOM.
Now that Roadrunner is up and running again in my area (it's why I couldn't connect all day Sunday :angry::angry:) I anticipate a lot of good games of GR in the future.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I'm definitely looking forward to Phantasy Star Online. I didn't play PSO with the group here but I played it online alot with my brother. I really enjoy the team based games much more than individual kill everything that moves types.
[Removed Splinter Cell comment to avoid confusion :)]

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
Just play NBA 2K3. Any college game will just be the same title with new textures
The college game is supposed to be a lot different. It'll be faster, with better implementations of zone defenses, and other college specifics. There have been some good previews around that commment how different the game feels. I personally hope it does, as the college game is a lot different then the pro game.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I thought Splinter Cell was only going to have "downloadable content" and no actual online gameplay. Am I mistaken?
No, you're not mistaken. I had edited my original post and added the final line, which you probably didn't see. Maybe I should just remove the Splinter Cell comment.

Blu

Screenwriter
The college game is supposed to be a lot different. It'll be faster, with better implementations of zone defenses, and other college specifics. There have been some good previews around that commment how different the game feels. I personally hope it does, as the college game is a lot different then the pro game
Yep! I'm holding out for the college game. The pro game is fine but there is something different about the college style of play. It is faster paced, the majority of the players play knowing they aren't going to make it to the next level. NCAA 2K3 is supposed to have a ton of teams as well!
Yep, I'm holding out, I can't even buy the Live kit yet in town since it sold out so quickly! I'll either have to order it online or just wait until they become readily available where I live.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
I too am putting off buying Live for now.
I do have NFL Fever 2k3, and I know I would love the NHL2k3, but other than that, nothing interests me. I am suprised they didnt have Tiger Woods 2k3 with live enabled. And like Andre said, a boxing game would be awesome.
I am fighting the urge everyday to not run out & buy one.
But I think I can manage.....

P.S. Anyone have a good source for upcoming games??

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Two of them come to mind Scott.

True Fantasy Live Online
and
Star Wars Galaxies

Can't wait to try both of them.

Dean

Steve Bjorg

Stunt Coordinator
Camp,

I'm a big fan of UT2K3 and UC. I'm curious about what you don't like about them. I'd appreciate if you could provide some more details or link to an existing discussion on this topic. I'm not interested in starting a debate, just trying to gain some insights.

Thanks.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
PSO & Counterstrike are the two I'm craving. Does anyone know when we'll see them? I thought that CS was looking like next summer already.
Of course, Steel Battalion online is what it's really about right? :D cannot wait!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks