XBox Live Voice Masking demonstration

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bjoern Roy, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

Hi folks,
    i just found this X02 event video from Gamespot, where they show the XBox Live registration/login process, a bit of MP gameplay (Whacked) and what i found very interesting, they demo the voice masking presets. Sounds really amazing, i wouldn't have thought that the quality of the masking is that good. Too bad the overall sound quality of the clip isn't that great. But still...
    Sorry if this is old news.
    Regards
    Bjoern

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Thanks, Bjoern! I had my doubts about how Voice Masking would sound, but if that's how it ends up being in production, I'm very impressed.... [​IMG]

3. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

[​IMG]
    OMG! The voice masking seems to work perfectly. Its a little too convincing to me. I think the "Teenage Girl" well get some peeps into trouble. [​IMG]

4. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer
    Supporter

Carl III
    I can't wait to try it out. My teenage girl persona has been gathering dust since I quit frequenting chatrooms a couple of years ago but Cynthia just might be making a comeback:b

5. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

MS will have the sense to have a disable voice masking option on the gaming hosts end, right? Surely! Or at the very least an option to check the other players' settings to see if anyone is using it? The voice demo was impressive, but a dangerous feature nevertheless. Not sure that I like it.

Dan

6. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

I'm not liking the voice masking. mainly because some of them are very annoying and hard to understand.

7. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I still prefer text. I'll just feel goofy talking to my tv set.

-Dave

8. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Ah...someone that never played "Sea Man", I see... [​IMG] Don't think of it as talking to your TV. Think of it as having your friend on the telephone while you kick his ass at NFL2K3 or something...
    Well, Kelley, you will have the option to mute anyone whose voice annoys you...

9. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

10. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The voice masking is destined to annoy millions

11. Romier S

Romier S Producer

12. Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel Supporting Actor

I can see potential uses for this outside of gameplay, like chat rooms, for example. The "Teenage Girl" voice might come in handy in my continued online stalking of R. Kelly. (Sorry, I know, R. Kelly jokes are so last month. [​IMG])
    On the subject, Seaman was brilliant, like everyone else I spent most of my time teaching it swear words.

13. shane_watson

shane_watson Stunt Coordinator

dont knock the voice masking just yet ,..yeah its silly on nfl2k3 or in whacked but for anyone whos played unreal tournament will know that hearing that robot voice after getting fragged sure will be intimidating and possibly add to the game.nevertheless getting fragged by a "child" would simply suck.

14. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I have to admit - the different voices are very impressive. That female robot would've been great for my RAcaseal in PSO.

-Dave