What's new

xBox Live Video Marketplace (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Any try the HD content?
Seems as if all the problems makes Apple shine even more with iTunes.

Wondering if the premium 720p titles looks any better than 480p.

Not so with their free trailers.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

I kicked off the HD version of V. Since I own the SD and HD versions, I am curious to see the differences. But I expect the 6.8 GB will take some time so I probably will not watch it until tomorrow.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Thanks,

Just itching to try CSI in HD compared to DVD.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Well, after two days of downloading, I was able to pull down both V and Posiden. As I did not have time to do the 3 way comparison of V (360 - HD - SD) I will limit my comments to Posiden.

First of all, after being a TiVo user for many years, MS has a ways to go to make the viewing functionaly more user friendly. I am sure they will in a future dashboard update, as they have been very good at correcting issues with the 360. I have some initial thoughts, and will follow up with amore detailed review over the weekend (Next).

First off, the picture detail was very good on the 720p download. The image was sharp and detailed, with very goo shodow detail in this fairly dark film. Sound was on par with the best SD DD releases.

Playback was a breeze, but with only limited controls. And the download was seemless, even after lossing power, the download was able to restart at the point the 360 went off-line.

And the bad; The picture had many issues when any fast movement was going on in the film. The image would stutter, and seemed to skip frames on fast pans. I believe this most likely has to do with the Hard Drive that MS uses in the 360. While I do not have the specs in front of me, my guess is that the drive just could not keep up with the video and aduio data streams. I will now more when I watch the SD version of Posiden that I downloaded. I wonder if the PS3 will have the same issues.

When setting up a Media Center PC, the drives you select can drastically effect the overall performance. When the games systems are designed, the Hard Disk is one area you can cut the production costs dramatically by using slow drives.

If any one has the specs on these drives I would be interested in seeing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks