Xbox live ver 2.0 kits?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris Bardon, May 28, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I remember hearing about a new verion Xbox live kit to hit with different games (mechassult demo and Tetris Worlds). Any idea if these have shown up in stores yet?

2. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

You know, Chris, I was going to post the exact same thing. It seems Canadians get bypassed again. I haven't found hide nor hair of the version 2. What's worse, EB Canada doesn't have it in their database or have any idea of when it might be released. This is a potential FUBAR situation for ms, as that june 30, 2003 activation date deadline on the version 1 kits is rapidly approaching.

3. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

I received this version when I bought my Live kit about three weeks ago. I live in Maryland, USA.

4. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

That's the problem, there, Allen, you live in the USA. I live in a major city, and these kits are simply not here in Canada. I don't know what the situation is, whether they're cleaning out old stock or what. I sent MS an e-mail on this issue, and so far no reply.

5. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

I thought the only difference with these newer kits was the inclusion of Tetris. For the REAL 2.0 kit (with XBL 2.0 software) I don't think it's been released yet. Last I heard was a late Summer/Fall release.

6. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

I asked our XBox rep at work about that and he had no idea when the new packs would be coming to Canada. We did recieve some one with different packaging (which had no mention of what games were included, just "Game Conten") which I opened up to check, but it was still MotoGP and Whacked.

I don't think that the June deadline is of much concern though because I'm positive the newer boxes are deadlined till October now (but I could always check).

It sounded like there may be a seperate announcement for pricing and options in Canada soon, so there may be something around that time.

7. KevinRB

KevinRB Stunt Coordinator

What is Tetris Worlds like? Can you play online again someone else?

8. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

That's the whole point.