What's new

Xbox Live *supposedly* at Target now (1 Viewer)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Ok, got my configuration all set up. Unfortunately the retail servers are NOT up. I got as far as the "Billing region" in the connection and then it told me the servers are unavailable (or something along those lines). Well, at least on Friday I'll have my unit ready. Maybe Unreal will be out by then
If you're getting the message "Cannot Connect to XBox Live", and then it tells you to try later, you're probably having a connection problem similar to what happened to me (I'm in the Beta). I had a Netgear RP114 Web-safe router that didn't work with XBL. It actually worked for the first few days, then stopped, and I got the "Cannot connect" message telling me to "try again later".

Solution: Either go direct-connection (no router) or get a new router. I bought a Linksys router (wireless, actually) and it works flawlessly now.

Just FYI in case you can't get it to work on the 15th.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Chris,
That's pretty much what was happening. I have the Netgear MR314 wireless router upstairs (with the firmware upgrade MS suggests as a workaround) and a Linksys WET11 connected to the XBox downstairs. After fighting with the WET11 for a day or so, it works. I'm a bit worried about it working for a couple of days and then dying, like you mentioned.
We'll see.

Best regards,
~~Nathan

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Well, I went to my second local Best Buy to see if they had xbox live and the Best Buy employee informed me that they don't have the modem for the xbox yet, but they do have the PS2 modem. I then proceeded to calmly say ok and walked out of the store.

sheesh....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks