What's new

XBOX Live / Subscription renewal questions (1 Viewer)

Chad Seymour

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, as a lot of people are coming up on the renewal dates for XBOX Live service, several options are available. You can do the straight 'charge you credit card' and renew for a year or monthly prices. That's what MS wants you to do. But, a lot of places are discounting the XBL kits that come with the communicator and a years service. I recently found one for dirt cheap and picked it up, figuring it was worth it for the headset alone. Anyway here's my questions:

1.) Is there anyway to reestablish a new subscription number with an existing account? This would allow you to keep your existing gamertag. Keeping the tag would be convienent, but not that big of deal to have a new one. Instead of "RedEye 52" for my tag, I could have "RedEye 52(b)". Nobody cares about the numbers after your name...

2.) Can two headsets / controller adapters be used at the same time with only one account? For instance, if me and a guest were both playing Mechassault (or anything, MotoGP, etc.) where both played at once, would my guest be able to hear the voice traffic? Speaking probably would be out due to bandwidth, but it should not take anymore to play the audio through the headset.

What are most people plans for renewal?

Chad

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I believe the only way you could use the new subscription code is through activating a new GamerTag. So far as the dual headsets go I recall reading here sometime back that the best you could do is hear the voicechat but not actually participate. If you could use both to the same extent that would be pretty cool.

JayV

Supporting Actor
You and a guest can both hear and speak with a splitter and a second headset. I know of one place, xlivechat.com that sells stuff for this.

-j

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
There will also be a subscription code card you can buy to renew it.
It's mainly for people who don't have credit cards though.

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks