What's new

Xbox live starter kits-what's packed in these days? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Thinking about jumping on the Live bandwagon now that I have halo 2, and figured that I might as well pick up a 12 month starter kit to do so (since it comes with a game and communicator). Just wondering what game they're packing with it these days (Crimson Skies I think).

Actually, might just have to start with the 2 month freebie, and then move to the 12 month code that comes with the starter kit (if you can even do that...).

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
I started with the 2 month freebie and then bought the 12 month starter kit with headset, works just fine. My kit came with Crimson Skies.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Do I need the kit? Does it contain anything I attach to the XBOX, besides the communicator in the controller?

I have a router, so does the kit include the necessary ethernet wire, or do I buy that separately?

Or could I just get the wire, a headset, and use the two month free card?

Thanks for any help,
Chuck

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Chuck,

You need the little dongle thing that goes into your Xbox controller so that you can plug in the headset. The kit doesn't include any ethernet wire to plug your Xbox into your high speed connection.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Pretty much any cable will do.

Your idea about using the 2 month free card and getting a communicator ($30CDN where I live), which comes with the dongle, would work in the short term. After the two months, though, you would have to pay a monthly or yearly fee, which is typically the same cost (the yearly one) as a starter kit, and you don't get the game (plus you'll have already spent extra for the communicator).

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
My GD subscription code doesn't work. I'll buy the kit, but I am just trying to get setup now. Pretty bitter, and it's not my ideal connection (I need a cable TWICE the length) I'm setting up on.

Any ideas when the code (triple-checked) does not work?

Take care,
Chuck

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Kyle,
No thanks! I just got my Madden 2005 one to work, though it supposedly expired a month ago.

Whatever. I am getting worked in quite a few games. Got no voive anyway :)

Thanks for the offer, though.

If anyone wants to add me (mute for now), Dienekes96.

Take care,
Chuck

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I have also seen certain retailers bundle an extra game with the Xbox Live/Crimson Skies package. For example, Circuit City is offering ESPN NBA 2k5 with the package this week.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter

Careful with confusing 6 and G on the little strip. After a couple of tries making a second account, I finally realized the problem that I misread it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks