What's new

XBox Live - Sittin' on the fence... (1 Viewer)

Jason Price

Second Unit
- communicator is delicious -- my dog ate mine (really!)
LOL! I have to agree there - one of my cats is determined to eat the mic, especially when I'm wearing it. He won't leave me alone when I'm playing - always climbing all over me trying to bite the mic. Crazy cat... :)

JayV

Supporting Actor
one of my cats is determined to eat the mic
XBox tech support recommended smearing a little liquid soap on a cables and stuff you don't want your pets to eat. He hastened to add YMMV and this is not a solution endorsed by MS.

-j

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I read this comic before I signed on XBL. Then I got online and in the first game I joined, someone was using the robot voice. I had to mute the mic because I was laughing so hard when I remembered what I'd read..

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
JayV - I can take two of those minuses off your chart. Go buy a cellphone headset with a 1/32" jack (they are all usually this size.) Plug it into your communicator and it works exactly the same. Doesn't wrap around your head, hopefully isn't as delicious to your pets, and only weighs like 1-2 oz. I used the one I bought off eBay for my wofe at $2 and it works like a charm.

Everybody - I'm not going to keep an MA list anyone, see Dave Sabo's sticky thread for a full list of HTF players. It's fantastic!

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Jay - Just an el cheapo I got in a cell phone package deal on eBay. I was getting some goodies for my wife's Startac: leather case, car charger, booster attena, hands-free microphone dealie, etc. It was all for $14 and she doesn't want the hands-free mic/headset so I ganked it for XBLive. It is a little quieter, but I jack the volume knob and it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks