XBOX Live - Should They Reset Ranking Stats?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Glenn, Nov 15, 2002.

1. David Glenn

David Glenn Second Unit

Do you guys think they should've reset the ranking stats to level the playing field for the non-beta testers?

gamertag: WetWork

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

AFAIK, They did.

3. David Glenn

David Glenn Second Unit

They did??? When??? I was Live as of Thursday afternoon and there were players that had already logged close to 1,000 Mech kills for the various modes of play. They must have played alot of matches where the time was set to "Unlimited" and Maximum number of Kills.
    Perhaps I'm just jealous of their Skillzzz...
    [​IMG]

4. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    I was kind of split down the middle on this issue, especially since I was able to get ranked around 300 out of all the beta testers, on MotoGP. ALOT of time trial laps, let me tell you! [​IMG]
    But, it wiped out all the people that had totally bullshit, "glitch" times. People getting lap times of 2 seconds?!!? Yeah...right. [​IMG]
    In the end, I think it's a good idea to reset them, as long as they've corrected whatever problem was giving the glitch times. After all, if you're good enough, you'll eventually get up there in the ranks again. It does, however, suck that I have to do the time trials all over again. [​IMG]