Xbox Live Setup Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Flynn, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Chris Flynn

Chris Flynn Second Unit

So in anticipation of recieving my beta kit this coming Tuesday I setup my home network consisting of a Linksys BEFSR41 4-Port Router, lots of CAT5 cable, and my PC and my Xbox.

I finished playing a 2 on 2 game of NBA 2K3, and decided "What the hell, let's see what happens if I clikc "Play Live" on the NBA 2K3 Game menu".

I'd done it once before, and it told me there was no network connection. This time, it sensed I was on the network, and set up Xbox Live on my Xbox Dashboard.

There's not much I could do, seeing as how I don't have my account key yet, but I was able to automatically setup my Xbox Live connection (IP, DNS, Etc.).

Is this going to impact me when I get the beta kit? Will I even have to use the beta kit install disc? Or can I just input all the info and everything through the dashboard when I get my key, and not have to worry about anything? Any ideas?

2. Mike Pattee

Mike Pattee Second Unit

all I had to do was put in my beta cd and turn it on. it downloads the new dashboard and then you put in your billing information and account information. Choose a gamertag and you're on. I was amazed that asside from the 15 minutes of using meus to put in my billing information how simple this was to setup.