What's new

Xbox Live Questions... (1 Viewer)

Matthew_S

Second Unit
Hey All,

I'm new to the whole live world and i have a few questions about the "friends" list...I noticed that you can invite someone to be on your list from the xbox live control panel...is this the only way to keep track of people that you've enjoyed playing with? I've been playing Wolfenstein and would like to find the people who have been really cool to play with the next time i go on...could someone tell me the best way to do this?

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Live will not remember players from previous matches - just from the last one you played. You need to send them an invite before you go to another game or write the tag down to invite later. Most (all?) games let you see all the players and send them an invite during gameplay or right after you finish.

Good luck!

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
LOL, just yesterday I was telling someone "wouldn't it be cool if Wolfenstein had a feature where I could add people in the game to my friends list", and I found out that the feature exists. Apparently it's in the 'Players' menu when you're in a game.

JayV

Supporting Actor
Apparently it's in the 'Players' menu when you're in a game.
As far as I know, all XBL titles have a "Players" menu, not just RTCW. Come to think of it, that's probably what you're saying.

And, yes, Matthew, Ozzy is the man. Although, Dio, it's time to go. You must give your cape and scepter to me (and a smaller one for KG). ;)

-j

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
How well does XBL work? I've been on the fence about this for a long time. I just need to find a game that interest me enuff to want to play it on XBL. All I ever want to play is Halo, so I play that online but it can get laggy. I figured I wouldn't get XBL untill Halo 2 comes out.

So I guess what I really want to know is just two things.:

1. How well does XBL work (lag, availiblity)

2. What are some awesome games to play online (that aren't sports) that you don't need to spend TOO much time trying to get good at before it's worth it to take your skill online.

Make sense?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
If you have a regular broadband connection you shouldnt have any problems. The only lag i ever get is playing wolfenstin with more then 8 players when the host has a normal connection. Otherwise i dont get lag from any of the other games out there.

You could always try mech assault or wolfenstein,

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Midnight Club II or any other racing game seems like it would be fun on XBL, long as you could have more than 4 racers and they all be human.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
The racing games are probably the best. MotoGP2 is my current favorite, and will probably stay there for awhile. Midnight Club 2 and Midtown Maddness 3 are both great, although MTM3 isn't really much about racing.

The best thing about racing games online is that they aren't terribly effected by lag. In Wolfenstien if you get lag the game freezes, your guy starts jumping around the map (as do others) and it just becomes a pain to play.

In all the racing games, if you experience lag, it just means, for the most part, that the other car that you've got a bad connection will jump around the screen a bit, but your game is usually unhindered.

MotoGP supports up to 16 players, and MC2 and MTM3 both support up to 8.

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
The shooters are probably the best :D

You can jump right in to Wolfenstein or Ghost Recon - just spend a few minutes watching some experienced players run around on the maps.

Bryan

Matthew_S

Second Unit
yeah....i've only had live for about a week and have been playing wolfenstein constantly. Lag is hardly an issue especially when using the "optimatch" feature from within the game...I've had a few matches where lag has been pretty bad but i'd say in maybe 3 of the 100 matches i've played.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
See you guys have me really interested now. I think I may have to pick up an XBL starter today. You just plug the ethernet into the back of the xbox and your good to go right?

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
You got it. You'll have to install some stuff from the starter disc, but that's about it.

LaMarcus, shoot me your gamertag when you get on. Since you and I are in the same town (as are a few other regular Live players I know), I can get you in to some games that should be virtually lag free.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks