Xbox live question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martin_Frohlich, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Martin_Frohlich

Martin_Frohlich Stunt Coordinator

I am getting Road Runner high speed internet access installed on Monday. Wasn't sure if I should put this in the software or hardware section. My real reasoning for doing this is to get Xbox live. I am somewhat computer literate but a little rusty. I assume I need to buy a router and then have the cable connection run into the router and then the router connect to both my PC and my Xbox (two different rooms). If so, what type of connections need to be run to my pc and to the Xbox from the router (is it coax cable)? Also, what router should I buy? Does it matter?

2. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

3. Martin_Frohlich

Martin_Frohlich Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Joe. I actually believe I got my answer from Time Warner Tech dept but I will read the content over in your link as well.

4. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I just use a simple hub. I have my cable modem connection going to my hub, and then my computer and XBox connected to the hub.

5. Jim Spencer

Jim Spencer Stunt Coordinator

I have a different question. Right now where I live (basement suite of a house) i have cable internet through my landlord. I'm thinking of moving in a few months, and i'll be getting my own cable internet hookup. If i get Xbox Live now is it possible to change the settings when i move and keep the same account information.

6. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

Yes Jim.

As long as you have a Broadband connection to hook up to your Xbox, you can keep all the same account info.

Glen