What's new

Xbox Live Peer to Peer only??? (1 Viewer)

DwightK

Second Unit
Are there games for xobx live that are NOT peer to peer? For some reason I was under some strange assumption that I would be playing Ghost Recon on high band-width servers, not like this. Peer to peer sucks for anything other than, well, anything. I envisioned huge sets of servers similar to the ones out there for Counterstrike.

Right now I could not find a single game of Ghost recon that could handle more than 6 players. How do you play team games? 2 on 2?

I am quite displeased with my purchase today. Jaded maybe? What did I pay $50 for? I sure hope there is a rosy side to this depression.

Oh, are there "private" games? Passworded ones? Is there any better way to view games with lag/ping, something? Is there any way to play with folks from here, ARS, or wherever? It seems that my only option is to just simply join or create a game, period.

gamertag: Bappo

David Glenn

Second Unit
Is it strictly a P2P setup? If so, how do you know if a particular "host" has enough UL/DL bandwidth to run a stable game?

I agree, it would be nice to see everyone's ping/lag during the staging/match setup(especially the host) so you can make a informed decision on whether or not to join a particular game. Even if they just showed the State of the host (they could use the info entered in the billing address).

gamertag: wetwork

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I think Microsoft has said that there will be server hosted games at some point. I can see them charging extra for it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks