What's new

Xbox Live packin titles revealed. MotoGP fans rejoice! (1 Viewer)

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
Lastly, didn't they already say that there wouldn't be such a thing as a "patch" for an Xbox game?
Yes, but I'm not sure I'd consider this a patch in the same sense it's used for PC games, ie fixing things that don't work right. I'd consider this to be more along the lines of adding additional content to a fully functional game, like adding extra furniture to your Sims game. You don't have to, because everything works fine without it, but by using it you add more possibilities.

Anyways, I can't wait till November. At least I have SOCOM and frequency until then (not even thinking about Tribes, no voice support seem like no fun to me). BTW, sorry for straying so much in and out of the thread topic.

Damien

Supporting Actor
-ms being able to patch current games and make them online is a VERY good thing...it is not the same as a gameplay patch which are still banned on xbox
-

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I think people need to "man up", I mean what are people expecting? for 50 bucks you get the service for a year, a memory card and the headset and the software to enable one of your old games to work wit the service and a demo. I can't believe some are complaining that MS included the ability to enhance your games via a "patch". Is 10 more dollars a month to play some MMORPG too much? Sony's plan is comparable in price so you're not saving any money there. I realize this is the Net and having been online for many years I know that no of us want to pay for anything but some of the complaints are ridiculous. Don't give me any of that "It's the principle of the thing" garbage, XBL is in beta testing, anything can and will change. I think people need to stand up and take the higher road in this and congratulate MS for giving a real effort in an industry to provide something good.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
MotoGP is my favorite racer for the Xbox, hands down. Excellent graphics complemented by extraordinary controls.

I will be looking forward to this.

ChristopherS

Second Unit
I am quite happy to hear about MotoGP especially since I already own this excellent racer. Unlike some people on this board who think the XBOX only has one good title, I already have a collection of 15 XBOX games and it keeps growing. So far I am quite impressed with XBOX Live and if MS wants to keep adding games that I already own, the more power to them.

Chris

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
I'll play any demo of any game for Live stuff. I've not been playing NFL Fever all that much because I keep having so much fun playing ReVolt.

That's right, I'm having fun with ReVolt. It's good for something that you can just pick up and play for 10 or 15 minutes while waiting for other things to happen. And with six people in the game, it's hella fun if you get the right mix.

So, gimme Whacked!, gimme Moto GP. I'll play 'em until the games I want to buy come out. Lord knows there's enough of them I want.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
It looks like we finally have confirmation.
Xbox Live packins
Apparently these demos will be the packin titels for Xbox Live. I for one am happy to hear it too. The MotoGP demo is a good bit more fetching to me than the Revolt ever would have been.

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
"I think people need to stand up and take the higher road in this and congratulate MS for giving a real effort in an industry to provide something good."
How are things going at Microsoft Public Relations?
;)
Seriously, as you said, it's beta testing right now -- there is no call to give MS credit for anything at the moment. I've got a friend in another state who made the beta test and he complains about lag ALL of the time on his cable modem. In my area, broadband isn't even available. This makes it a little tough for me to applaud ANYTHING relating to X-box live.
We'll see how "happy" everyone is when additional fees are accessed each time you try to download a new level for Unreal Championship -- which is free if you're playing UT2003.:D

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Seriously, as you said, it's beta testing right now -- there is no call to give MS credit for anything at the moment. I've got a friend in another state who made the beta test and he complains about lag ALL of the time on his cable modem.
You know I find this amusing since you provided the answer to the problem in your post.
Its a beta test!!
Beta tests are meant to correct bugs, check for server stability and check capacity on these online servers. Basically get the kinks out. Hence the reason why Microsoft is conducting this test to begin with. To ensure they are providing the service they intend to on release.
Before citing instances of lag (which even on a broadband network are almost UNAVOIDABLE at times) please try to remember that.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
That's right, I'm having fun with ReVolt. It's good for something that you can just pick up and play for 10 or 15 minutes while waiting for other things to happen. And with six people in the game, it's hella fun if you get the right mix.
Chris, I expect that the beta NDA means you can't give us too much in the way of detail, but I really rather like ReVolt on the DC myself. I don't suppose you can reveal if its got the 'battle tag' mode as well as racing in it? That mode is great fun, and more than makes up for the sensitive handling in the game.

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
Romier -- I know I'm not the most optimistic person when it comes to X-box live, but it's because I WANT this to be the "Holy Grail" of online gaming. Granted, it's easier to complain about its faults, but there are many things they're trying to do which I think are terrific (matching players based on ability, for one). I'm frustrated that I can't access the service -- I've no interest in playing on a 56K, so I can't participate. I plan on moving to a new area soon, so perhaps I won't have "broadband envy" in the coming months.

The only point I've ever tried to make is that there are just as many potential flaws in X-box Live as in Sony's methods. However, I realize that this forum is predispositioned towards the X-box, and it was never my intention to anger anyone.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
The only point I've ever tried to make is that there are just as many potential flaws in X-box Live as in Sony's methods.
Well of course there is Adam. I don't think anyone could question the validity of that statement. It would be great to be a total idealist and think that Xbox Live will be the second coming of online gaming, but no doubt there will be problems. Socom for instance is fully broadband only and its servers can be quite unstable at times. That however *DOES NOT* diminish my enjoyment of the game. I still have a huge amount of fun playing my fellow HTF'ers. I expect the same results with Xbox Live.
Also much like Sony has been working hard to iron our the issues with Socom and thier network, I would expect Microsoft to do the same. Now my only wish is for Nintendo to join the online race.........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks