What's new

Xbox Live lag issues. I need HELP (1 Viewer)

Ted F

Auditioning
I just recently got Xbox Live. I have a Terayon TJ210 cable modem that I lease from from my cable internet provider Adelphia. I have a D-Link DI-604 router, and I downloaded the firmware which allows for the gaming mode to be enabled. My problem is that I still have serious lag issues playing on Xbox Live. Am I over looking anything?

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
do you get lag when playing online PC games?
One thing to check is the latency to your default gateway. Go into your cable modem settings and see what your default gateway is set to. Then bring up a command prompt on your PC and type:
ping x.x.x.x
where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your default gateway.
If the ping times are high (anything over 50ms and I would be worried) then that is your problem. When I got my new DSL service, I had lag problems. I found that they had set my default gateway to a router in California (I am in Boston). My latency to that router was about 150ms. Once they changed that to a router on the east coast, my lag problems disappeared.
This also may help: http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=243848
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks