What's new

XBox Live Kits half off !!! (1 Viewer)

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Target has them clearanced at $24.98, and they are the old ones with whacked and motoGP. The free year of XBL offer expires somewhat soon(it's listed on the box). If your Target has lazy employees who don't tag stuff on time, you may even find one for $12.50 in a week or two.

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
Shouldn't the free year of XBL start when you register??

edit.

I see, So the offer of a free year with the purchase of the starter kit expires soon, and then after, all you get with a starter kit is a headset and software??

Or, are the starter sets themselves being discontinued and to go live all you need to buy is the headset by itself?

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
Got mine just now, although my Target has the newer versions with Tetris worlds et al. priced at $34.98.

Got one and a ethernet cable for $41!

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Someone (I can't remember for the life of me who) made me one back when I first got XBL. If I can remember who did it I will let you know :).

DavidAM

Second Unit
As Jeff said, I also ran out and picked one up, but mine was $35 and was version 2. Thanks for the tip.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I'd just like to point out that this is an awesome deal for people who got Xbox live when it first came out if you don't mind changing your gamertag.

I have not tried it to make sure it works, but it SEEMS like you could go out and buy a kit, register another gamertag with the new kit a little before the free year offer expires, and basically get your second year for $25 if you find a version 1 kit.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Hmmm, might have to get that. My headset's broken and I really don't feel like paying $30 for a new one. It'll also be nice to change the gamertag, but I have to make sure to piss everybody off and get at the top of the score boards by playing myself over and over again first. :D

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
Great tip, I picked it up at Target last night for ~$35 (version 2). It was still listed as $50 outside the case.

This was my first foray into XBOX Live and I really enjoyed it, it will definately be worth my money when Amped2 comes out (I really loved Amped for some reason and I await it's sequel with way more excitement that Halo2 or PGR2, but I think I'm in the minority here).

GamerTag = MumbleyJoe

Thanks again for the tip!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry, I'm a little confused. If you get this from Target on sale do you still get a year free XBL service?

Thanks

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Yup, Carlo, the kit comes with one year of XBL service. You just have to register it really soon.

DavidAM

Second Unit
I picked it up at Target last night for ~$35 (version 2). It was still listed as $50 outside the case.
Same as with me. I grabbed the kit and asked the guy if it was on sale and he said no. I told him I heard it was on sale and he absolutely guaranteed me it wasn't, huffed and said he'd check for me just to make me happy. He scans it and is like, "ummm, you're right, its on clearance." Glad you know your stuff there pal. HAHA.

And my gamertag is Ferguson77. Anyone know where to get those Gamertag's made for my signature?

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Question.

I was a beta tester so I have had Live for about a year this month.

If I go out and buy Ver2 at Target for $34, can I wait and activate it in November?

Will MS contact me to resubscribe my old account or automatically charge my card?

If so, how do I tell them to not renew my account?

Thanks,

I didn't get $50 worth of Live last year but for $35 which includes Tetris Worlds, I just may jump in again (especially for Halo2)

Doug

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
If I go out and buy Ver2 at Target for $34, can I wait and activate it in November?
Will MS contact me to resubscribe my old account or automatically charge my card?
If so, how do I tell them to not renew my account?
MS will automatically charge your card unless you call them and ask to cancel your subscription.

As for the new kit, mind you'll have a new gamertag. There's an "expiration date" on the old kits that Target are selling, I'm not sure what it is - probably the very end of October or the day before the initial kits were sold last year?

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I noticed on the Xbox Live site that the new dashboard will let you view your subscription information.

I definetly want my current sub to end.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I have a DSL connection and a wireless router, and I'd really like to try out XBL w/ a discount kit from Target. Is there a way for me to get into XBL w/o running cable from upstairs to downstairs? Thanks for the help, and hopefully I'll see some of you online soon.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Kevin -

Yup, do a search of all forums of "Wireless Xbox" and you shall find all you need. I use Xbox wirelesses in a home network, no problems ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks