1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox Live & Japanese controller problem?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave E H, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem, but if any of you have the Xbox live & a real Japanese controlelr (not the US 'S' controller) can you see if the headset works for it? The headset only seems to fit in the top slot but the light (mute) doesn't come on and my xbox doesn't think a headset is hooked up.

the setup works find on the regular old school controller.

2. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

MMMM...interesting. I have a japanese controller, I got one from a local shop about a month before the controller S. If the above is true, then I will have to go buy another controller...dammit!

3. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

I've got a Japanese controller and the headset works like a charm. I've got it plugged into the top slot, but I think it will fit in the bottom one as well...I'll check tonight.

4. Dave E H

Hmm. I'll try again in my other controller. It wasn't working last night (wouldn't light up) at all.

5. Chris Duran

Chris Duran Stunt Coordinator

6. Dave E H

Chris - thanks. when did you get your beta kit? i wonder if it has to do with when the hardware was made - if there are small differences in the headsets. I've got another Japnaese controller (one of htose cool grey ones) that I'll try it on tonight. I really don't care if it works with one of them - I'd just like a choice. Else, I'm going to have to buy a S controller somewhere (sh*t.) I've got 4 now - don't really need another!

7. Chris Duran

Chris Duran Stunt Coordinator

Dave - Your welcome, I thought my case was just isolated. I got my beta kit towards the end of Sept. I'm not sure if it has to do with the headset or the controller, I never used the ports on the controller before Live and had no real reason to, so I don't know if it was the port or what, guess I should have tried the memory card in there to see before I returned it. If you have a US S controller do what I did, just go buy a new one at Wal-Mart or some other retail store, open it up as carefully as you can try the new one and return the other one the same or next day and say it is defeative, which it is. I hope this isn't going to be a huge problem when Live launches or otherwise Microsoft is going to have alot of angry people.

8. Dave E H

Thanks again. I'll test this out tonight and post results. FYI - sounds like we were in the same batch of beta testers.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had an issue.

9. Dave E H

Ahh - it works in my other controller. hmm. maybe something funky with my black Japanese controller. No biggie.