What's new

Xbox Live gamertag questions (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I don't see any interface for accepting/declining requests to be added to someone's friend list. Does this happen "behind the scenes", or does some interface pop up when someone has sent you a request? Likewise, do you know if someone has declined your request? I haven't seen a denial yet, but it would seem likely that it will happen sooner or later (hopefully not sooner).

Also, can you add "swap" tags in game, similar to sending your guild card to someone in Phantasy Star Online? Or do you always have to go to the main friend list screen & type the tag in?

Thanks,

-Dave

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Good questions Dave. First, when someone sends you a request to become your friend. The persons tag will appear with a request icon attached to it. When you select that name you will be able to either accept or decline the request. If you accept the name will be added to your list and you name will be added to his/hers/its list ;)
Second, when your playing a game with a group of people and you decide that you like one of the people enough to add them to your friends list. Go in to the options menu and look for the page that says players. (its different in every game on where it is) Select the player that you want to add and chose the option to become that player’s friend. This way you won't have to go in to the main live menu and type the tag manually.
Dean

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Cool. Thanks Dean. Everything else has been so smooth on XBL that I figured I must be overlooking something. :)
-Dave

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Dave, I'm not sure about the "swap" tags thing, but the easiest way to manage your friends list is in the Xbox dashboard. Select Xbox Live, then "manage account" followed by "friends." Enter your password for a complete friends list along with any incoming and outgoing friends requests. Apparently, a lot of HTFers are too busy gaming to check their lists very often as I still have a few requests I sent out quite a while ago that have gone unanswered. Or, maybe they found out I suck at everything except MotoGP and want no part of me on their team...:b

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Actually, any time you view your friends list in any Live game (while you are on the network), you will see any new friend request--you don't even have to go to the dashboard. Pop in a game, pull up your friends list, and any new requests will be right at the top. Select a friend, and then either accept or reject. Easy like a Sunday morning. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks