Xbox Live friend invites

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jason Merrick, Aug 15, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    I am just wondering if a lot of people on this forum have stopped playing Live? I've been on Live for about a month now, and have sent friend requests out to over 70 people, 99% of them from HTF. Oddly, about 1/2 of them or more have not responded to the friend request yet... ?

2. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

I'm still live [​IMG]
    Send me one & I'll accept!

3. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

I think a lot of people have been caught up in KOTOR and haven't been playing a lot of Live games recently. I know I haven't logged on in several weeks because of KOTOR and then Panzer Dragoon Orta. But as people finish Star Wars I think they will start getting back into Live, especially with the Ghost Recon expansion just having been released.

My theory, anyway. [​IMG]

4. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick
    Calvin,

I'm pretty sure I already did... [​IMG]

I went through the HTF Gamertag database and sent requests to everyone who had Ghost Recon.

5. JayV

JayV Supporting Actor

Jason, a lot of people like me hit the 100-person limit in the friend's list. As a result I have to go through my list periodically weeding out people I haven't seen in a long time.

So I tend to reject or ignore friend invites unless I know the person. I hope MS increases that limit so I can accept more friend invites, but 'til then...

-j

6. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick
    Jay,

Well, I know the people's friends list isn't full, because it won't let you send a friend request to them if it is, that happened on several I tried. I would understand if people didn't recognize my name (even though it is HTFJackRyan) and rejected the invite, but these people haven't responded one way or the other... I have about 35 people at the top of my friends list that have just sat there for a week or three because the friend request has not been accepted or rejected.

It's really not that big of a deal, I am probably going to just go through and delete all of them that haven't responded. But with the nightly matches we have been having, I have found how much more I enjoy playing with HTF people... so I'd really like to keep as many HTF people on my friends list as possible.

7. JayV

JayV Supporting Actor

8. JeffMuller

JeffMuller Stunt Coordinator

I just haven't had much time for gaming in the last couple of months.

I was doing UC for a while, but between the bad framerate, and just being completely out-classed, I got a little bored with it.

I finished Wolfenstein in single-player, but just never got around to doing it on Live.

Haven't done MotoGP in forever. Some day I'll get MGP2. Also anxiously awaiting Project Gotham 2! You'll definitely see me then.

... and Halo 2... I don't think I even need to mention that!

BB

9. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

Jason, I have so many people on my list - I honestly can't say if I have you on that list or not.

I don't have the new GR game either.

I'll check it now - if you aren't there I'll add you right away.

10. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

It would be cool if the Xbox Live dashboard included aliases as well. I can't keep track of all the gamertags out there. The new dashboard is supposed to be pretty cool. I haven't been on Live in ages but really want to get back to it.

11. Armando Zamora

Armando Zamora Second Unit

You can add me to your friends list. I just picked up GRIT a couple days ago and am game for some online, ahem....gaming.

My gamertag is: the gnat

see you online,
    Armando

12. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

13. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick
    Well I deleted 35 names last night (I'm sure everyone is just heartbroken!). It sure makes it easier to see my friends who are online now, since it had those 35 names at the top of my list above the friends who were online.

Armando, I already have you on my friend's list... thanks!

14. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

I'll be getting back to live gaming on at least a semi-regular basis. Just picked up GR:IT. If you want to add me to your friends list, Jason, please do. I'll add you to mine.

Gamertag: stillfastasleep

15. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

How do manually add friends to your list?
    The only way I know is if I see someone online....??
    Thanks...

Brian

aka:
    Kwijibo

16. JayV

JayV Supporting Actor

You can add a tag manually by going to your Xbox Live dashboard menu and selecting Friends List. Add a gamertag manually by clicking on Add Gamertag.

I'll be curious to see if we can do it on the web with the Live-enabled features coming to xbox.com/live on, what, the 25th of August?

BTW, I put together a relatively comprehensive Xbox Live FAQ that I can make available soon if anyone is interested.

-j

17. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

18. Christopher Cheadle

Christopher Cheadle Stunt Coordinator

Jason:

Not sure if you are on my list or not (have a lot on my list) and if you tried to add me in the last 10 days, I have been on vacation away from my Xbox.

I will be back this Tuesday night and will be trying out my fresh new copy of Ghost Recon: Island Thunder. So, add me if I am not already there and I would be happy to play with you.

19. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick
    I found out last night while playing with a bunch of friends that this thread actually made someone feel bad... I hope no one took it that way!!! I just want more cool people to play Ghost Recon with on Live, that's all!

Those who have said to add, have been or will be added... look forward to seeing you all online!

20. JayV

JayV Supporting Actor