What's new

XBOX Live - divergence errors (1 Viewer)

Martin_Frohlich

Stunt Coordinator
Does anybody have any information about this error (what it means)? Anybody else ever get it. I got it twice last night playing NFL 2k3, both in the 4th quarter and both times I was winning. Can these be caused on purpose by the other user? It ends up not crediting you with a win or a loss. Any information is appreciated.

Howie D

Stunt Coordinator
Back in the days of beta it was quite common in the beginning. I still get them every once in awhile but not often. Maybe once every 30 or so games. It used to be associated with what your XBox audio settings were for each player. i.e., one has Dolby Digital set up and the other just has stereo. However, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I don't think another player can cause it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Gamertag: SPAZ

Martin_Frohlich

Stunt Coordinator
Just as an FYI, I was surfing the net trying to get more information on this divergence error. I found an XBOX live forum where one poster claims that there is a way to do divergence on purpose and has demonstrated it to friends to prove to them it can be done. Not sure if his info is legit but just beware.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks