Xbox Live Deal at FS for Canadians

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Romar Armas, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Romar Armas

Romar Armas Second Unit

Futureshop is currently running some special deals for Xbox Live.
    1. Buy Xbox Live and Mech Assault - save $20
    2. Buy Xbox Live and Linksys Wireless Router - get wireless bridge for FREE!!
    From the Ad: "FREE wireless brige when you buy this LIVE kit & Linksys Wireless router ($220 value webid 10022177)"
    I think I'm gonna go with #2!! This is an awesome deal as it saves me $220 CAD. I have to see if I can get the $20 off with the Mech Assault purchase too. [​IMG]

2. Michael St. Clair

Wow, that is unbelievable.

I wonder if Microsoft is giving them some kind of incentive.

3. Romar Armas

Romar Armas Second Unit

4. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

Hmm, if I bought the wireless router, and get the free bridge kit... WOuld I need to buy another wireless bridge for my PC? As of now, I have one PC and my Xbox to put online, so will I be needing to shell out another $100+ to get the PC online along with my Xbox?

Thanks

5. Romar Armas

Romar Armas Second Unit

6. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Thanks, Romar. That's great news. I picked up Mech Assault today at lunch based on someone's post that they got it for $49.99 at an Alberta store. Not here - paid $69.99 but will be going back tomorrow for XBL and the $20 off.

7. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Where is this ad from (not the link but specifically where in the country)? I saw a new Future Shop ad locally that shows both XBL and MechAssault but no mention of any related promotions. The cover of the flyer (picked up at a store) has Splinter Cell and Episode II on the cover and is dated November 6th through December 3rd. I'm taking the printout of the ad linked above but I expect some resistance.

8. Romar Armas

Romar Armas Second Unit

This is the one from this week. I have the previous one from last week too, the same one as yours and it doesn't mention this. However, my friend got this weeks flyer with this on it. See if they have these new ones in the store.

9. Romar Armas

Romar Armas Second Unit

Ok, I just came back from Futureshop and I can't stop grinning!!

I got the Xbox Live Kit and the Linksys Router which is on special for $179.99. That means I get the Wireless Bridge for free. Also, I asked for Mech Assault and got $20 off with my purchase of Live!

So $49.99 for Mech Assault!! And the Live Kit is $69.99!

This is a great deal! The Wireless bridge is selling for $219.99.

10. Scott Bourden

I just got back from the Futureshop! They do not have the Linksys deal listed ANYWHERE but in the flyer... It's on the second page I believe, and this is their regular in store flyer, not a special one. I walked in, showed them the flyer, picked up my Live, Linksys BEFW-S4 (4 port wireless router / switch) and my Linksys wireless bridge.... The last one came up in the computer as free.
    I got all three items for 298.99 taxes in (at 15% in Newfoundland) and am in the middle of setting them up.. Plus I have a coupon for another $20 off the Linksys router!
    Not a bad deal, and it's verified now [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

My local Future Shop did not recognize the $69.99 advertised price from Ontario. Here (Winnipeg) it's $79.99 with the MechAssault deal. They wouldn't accept the picture printed from the link above. Maybe if I had the actual catalogue they would bite. You would think they would be coordinated in their efforts.

12. Shaun Lynde

Shaun Lynde Auditioning

Well it sounds like you guys had a hassle free experience with this deal, my experience was comical. the only future shop in Lethbridge didn't know what was going on. I was bounced from computers to entertainment back to computers as 4 staff memebers tried to figure what was going on, what the bridges are and more importantly where were they? finally 30 minutes of waiting as they searched the back, they finally found them on top of the the periphal case in the computer department after the computer guys vehemently denied they were in their area, all in all it was worth the hassle for the free bridge, 30 minutes of my time for a 200 dollar product is fine by me.

13. Scott Bourden

Is anybody with the setup above (the wireless linksys and bridge) having trouble getting their bridge to pick up the WLAN connection? I can access the admin panels and recognize it when it's hardwired to the router (via CAT5, not the over-the-0air signal) but the moment you unplug it from the router and set it to X on the back, it an't be picked up. No logging into the admin panel, not showing up in DNS tables, nothing. The WLAN light never comes on, and I'm just confused and frustrated with it.
    ANybody with the same setup willing to list their settings?
    I have two PC's running perfectly (wired via CAT5) to the router (I'm posting from one now, browsing and downloading work fine), but the bridge won't pick up the WLAN signel.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    EDIT: After an hour on the phone with Linksys tech support, they have come to the conclusion that my WET11 is faulty, hence it never making a WLAN connection... Off to the FS to exchange tomorrow [​IMG]

14. Romar Armas

Romar Armas Second Unit

Sorry to hear that Jay, hope they get some deal in Winnipeg!
    Scott, my friend got a Faulty Router so I guess it's not rare to get something faulty.
    I found out that you can get another $20 rebate for the Router purchase. Here's the Linksys Rebate from Futureshop.

15. Romar Armas

Romar Armas Second Unit

Actually, I think if you send it the UPC for the WET11 I think you can get another $20 off for a total of $40 Rebate!

16. Scott Bourden

I saw that the deal was only good until the 19th I believe... Hopefully that is purchased before, and not recieved by [​IMG]
    NOTE:
    You can use this coupon for some of the wireless routers, AND the WET11... I'll be sending mine off in the next day or so... Hopefully this one is good for all of you.
    http://www.futureshop.ca/links/rebat...srebateall.pdf