Xbox Live Communicator

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Benson R, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Benson R

Benson R Supporting Actor

I tried searching on this but did not find any answers to my questions. There are a ton of threads about live so you will have to excuse me if this has already been discussed.

I just got xbl and have only played a few games so far. I can't tell if anyone can hear me when I am speaking. Is the comm always on? If I am transmitting should I hear some feedback in the headset? In the ads for xbl they show the feature of voice masking. So far I have not found the option in the only game I have played so far, Mechassault and I have not heard anyone else using voice masking. Is this an option only found in certain games?

2. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

MechAssault has voice masking - you can access it from inside the rooms after you join a game.

MotoGP also has voice masking but you access it from the options menu (I think). I believe this is also true of Ghost Recon.

Personally, I hate the voice masking options because they are widely and soundly abused. They get very annoying after about five minutes of listening to them.

As for the comm set. In MechAssault and MotoGP, the comm is always on unless you mute it (the button on the comm - the light indicates the status, red is mute, green is live). On Ghost Recon, you need to press the white button on the joypad to speak, otherwise it is muted.

Hope this helps.

3. Steve K.H.

Steve K.H. Supporting Actor

zactly what Todd said, other than to be a little more clear...
    "Voice Masking Is Gay!!!"
    and now back to our regular programming.[​IMG]

4. Benson R

Benson R Supporting Actor

In mechassault is everyone talking on the same channel or are you only talking to the players nearest you? In Ghost Recon do you have an exclusive channel for your teammates?

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

One big channel, hold down BLK for a team only channel

6. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

In Ghost Recon, in team games I believe you can only talk to your teammates if you're alive and only to other dead players if you are dead. In solo games, the channel is open to all, with the exception of dead players as above (someone please correct me if I have it wrong).

7. Andy Anderson

Andy Anderson Second Unit

Benson-

I've run into communictaor problems once in a while (not too often though). Sometimes folks can't hear me. I've found this happens usually at the start of a game/mission, and they can hear me after I mute and unmute once.

Andy