What's new

Xbox Live Beta: Impressions (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Ok Here I go. I had to move my DSL modem to the HT because my wiring or something is screwed up. I Get Green ligts thru the cabling I ran but can not getany thruput. I'll work onthat later.

Once I registered I've played two games of NFL2K3 and a game of Fever. I could not find anyone to play revolt with. First off let me say Fever Sucks. This is a terrible game. Defenders bounce off receivers like Pinballs. Going back to 2K3 was a godsend.

Fever was pretty smooth thou, but voice chat was very laggy, but it could've been my connection to the other guy.Both games of 2K3 I played was excellent (Despite Losing) . The voice chat was nice and clear and the game had zero Lag. Both People I played was in New York I'm in Mass.

What a difference voice chat makes. I played the 2K Series on the DC. It was good there, it's great here and voice chat makes all the difference. I did'nt get any screaming or foul mouth trash talkers my Game companion and I talked about alot of stuff during the game and it was great having someoneto chat with instead of the cold Heart Computer. My initial Experience was great, I can't wait for a good FPS !

Howie D

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I've been testing since Saturday and I have to say that the setup was pretty easy. I'm going through an SMC Barricade Router and just plugged into one of the extra ports and I was off. I've only been playing NFL Fever and agree that it pretty much sucks. Ordered NFL 2K3 so I'll see how that goes. I really couldn't get into Revolt, played 2 or 3 games and lost interest. The voice chat is a bonus. I did have one game where a guy was total trash talking but most of the people have been easy going and are just enjoying it as I am.

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
maps for sale.......get your maps here.........maps for sale,,, i can hear it now,,,but im an addict and yes i will buy.

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
I received my Beta kit yesterday. I unpacked everything with a little trepidation, based on some of the horror stories I have read about setup. Ten minutes later I was playing Re-Volt with Tupac, Shooter and four other players.
My first experience with X-Box Live was awesome!
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: These guys were fun to talk with and very respectful. We wished each other luck before the race started and then laughed as we dropped oil slicks for the others to slide through.
The game ran smoothly and the voice connections were clear. I did hear a little voice lag from time to time, but it did not detract from the experience in any way.
I went to the online store from the Re-Volt control panel and downloaded some new cars to play with. Two cars said they had a fee of $x.xx, but that I would not be charged. Looks like they are trying to get everything in place so users can get free content and choose to purchase premium content as well. I have no problem with that, because I am still in control. I have purchased add-ons for PC games in the past and see this as not being any different (except for it being automatically downloaded on the spot versus going to the store and buying it). YMMV ;)
Bottom line, a winner in my book and very much worth $49.99 for a solid year of fun. Let me know if you have questions!
Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks