What's new

Xbox Live Arcade - recommended games? (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
I´m fairly new to "Xbox Live Arcade", but there´s a big selection of games. What do you guys recommend? I have now mainly some older classics like "Worms", "Dig Dug" and "Doom"...

E.g. "Braid" and "Castle Crashers" looks interesting.

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Bankshot Billiards
Bionic Commando remake
Couple of the guys I play with recommend Braid
Uno

Whatever you do stay away from Wits and Wagers

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
Sort of depends on what you like to do. I'm quite aged and like old arcade-style stuff, so I spend a lot of time playing Geometry Wars and Pac-Man CE. Also, the Pinball game is fun. (The regular arcade emulations with the souped-up graphics, I don't like as well).

I also enjoy Catan and Carcassonne a lot.

Braid, especially, seems to have people's interest across the board, but I think the strength of XBLA right now is in having a few good games for a lot of different tastes. And of course, there's a demo of everything. My suggestion is to demo everything that looks intersting to you, and you'll find some gems.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I trying the Braid demo. First impression: very cool. Second impression: very difficult. Is this a deceptively hard game, or am I doing it wrong (or just too old for video games
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
)?

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
No one is too old for video games.;)
I recommend Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Of course with myself being a huge fan of the Castlevania series ever since the NES 8-bit days, may as well.
Also have: TRON, TMNT 1989 Arcade, Aegis Wing (free) and a few others.
Of course I have alot of the demos for alot of them on my 360 HDD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks